The Director of Imaging Services is responsible for quality control throughout the department for both the hospital and the ambulatory care center! S/he plans, implements, evaluates and assesses the quality of patient care. Additionally, s/he is responsible for leading the team and directing all department activities. This position reports to the Chief Operations Officer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Enforce department and Hospital policies and procedures and facilitate their implementation.
2. Assign and modify work schedules as needed based upon patient care.
3. Conduct evaluations of employee performance.
4. Maintain and encourage effective communication according to the organizational structure of the Hospital.
5. Participate in departmental and other Hospital committees as designated.
6. Make recommendations to the Chief Operations Officer for staffing patterns to meet the continuity of care in the department.
7. Participate in quality improvement activities as requested.
8. Ensure technical quality assurance by maintaining the standard of patient care through the utilization of the Imaging Quality Control Process.
9. Ensure safety and cost effectiveness policies, procedures and standards are followed.
10. Evaluate the competency and skill level of the technologists and student technologists.
11. Any other duties as requested or required.