Director, Global Patient Experience Lead, Dupilumab – Atopic Dermatitis
Sanofi Genzyme is the specialty care global business unit of Sanofi, focused on rare diseases, multiple sclerosis, immunology, and oncology. We help people with debilitating and complex conditions that are often difficult to diagnose and treat. We are dedicated to discovering and advancing new therapies, providing hope to patients and their families around the world.
Sanofi is a global life sciences company committed to improving access to healthcare and supporting the people we serve throughout the continuum of care. From prevention to treatment, Sanofi transforms scientific innovation into healthcare solutions, in human vaccines, rare diseases, multiple sclerosis, oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, diabetes and cardiovascular solutions and consumer healthcare. More than 110,000 people at Sanofi are dedicated to make a difference on patients’ daily life, wherever they live and enable them to enjoy a healthier life.
Sanofi Genzyme believes that attracting and developing employees – and working with external partners – that represent the diversity of our patients, strengthens our organization and our competitive position. By tapping into the unique talents of a varied pool of individuals, we can foster the kind of collaboration and innovation that yield truly exceptional work.
The Director, Global Patient Experience Lead will develop and execute innovative patient-focused initiatives and tactics, aligned to brand strategies that will differentiate dupilumab atopic dermatitis, to create a best-in-class experience for all patients. This position is based in Cambridge, MA and will report to the Global Marketing Lead for dupilumab atopic dermatitis within the Immunology unit.
Key areas of focus:
Patient Experience/Education via HCP
Disease education information and materials provided to patient (e.g. pamphlets, websites)
Patient support tools/programs (holistic integrated care) to improve HCP and patient communication and subsequent atopic dermatitis outcomes
Branded patient education information and materials provided to patient (e.g. pamphlets, websites)
Device training support materials (e.g. placebo training devices)
Understand patient journey and referral patterns of HCPs within treatment pathway
Patient Experience/Education via Third Party Organizations
Support of professional HCP organizations, providing patient education
Mapping of influential patient organizations, and support of most relevant organizations that provide patient education
Mapping and in-depth understanding of influential online websites/blogs or other initiatives that provide patient information
Direct Patient Experience
Device (PFS or AI)
Packaging and Patient Instructions
Branded patient support websites
Patient advocates – Dupixent atopic dermatitis patient success stories (for internal communication only)
In-depth understanding of patient information gathering (e.g. google searches, blogs etc.)
- Contribute to the development and execution of the patient-focused strategy within the annual brand plan in preparation for the global launch of dupilumab in atopic dermatitis, a fully human monoclonal antibody targeting the IL4Rα receptor
- Ensure alignment with partner company (Regeneron) on all topics related to patient/consumer strategy, including development and implementation
- Development of patient unbranded and branded programs.
- Patient organization & advocacy strategy development in close partnership with Patient Advocacy/Public Affairs
- Lead development of HCP/patient integrated care support programs, aligned with patients’ needs and brand strategy
- Partner with Corporate Communications to develop and integrate public relations patient strategies and programs
- Manage the internal legal, regulatory, and medical review and approval of new materials to enable responsible external communications
- Foster strong partnerships with Market Research, Market Access, Device Manufacturing, Regulatory/Labelling, Medical Affairs, Legal, PR/Communications, and other functions in co-developing the patient/consumer strategy, to ensure aligned objectives and implementation across all functions
- Develop and validate global patient strategies with ongoing input from key countries/regions identified as part of the global brand team
- Ensure appropriate market analysis and competitive benchmarking is conducted to inform of all patient/consumer marketing programs and tactics
- Manage significant budgets and closely monitor performance, ensuring cost effective delivery of all programs
- Manage annual budgets, ensuring strategic allocation of funds and monthly tracking, in partnership with external agencies and Regeneron, to meet agreed spending targets
- Track and monitor key performance indicators
- Ensure that all marketing processes, documents and tactics are developed and implemented in accordance with Sanofi Genzyme corporate compliance guidelines
- Marketing, Market research, Integrated care
Public Affairs, Market Access
- Digital Team
- Medical affairs, Regulatory/Labelling
- Device Manufacturing
- Packaging, Human Factors
- Competitive intelligence
- Local Affiliates ( Marketing, Market Research, Market Access, Medical Affairs, Regulatory/Labelling)
- Regeneron (Marketing, Market Research, Device Manufacturing, Packaging, Medical Affairs, Regulatory/Labelling, CI)
- Respiratory Medicine Key Opinions Leaders
- Professional Associations / Patients Organizations
- Agencies (Advertising, Communications, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree (MBA) preferred – Marketing concentration preferred
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in patient/consumer marketing, with particular emphasis on understanding of digital communication channels
- Minimum of 5 years+ experience in pharmaceutical industry (marketing and/or medical/sales) with country operational and global marketing experience
- English fluency
- Candidate must locate in Cambridge, MA.
- Understanding of pharmaceutical marketing strategies and regulatory/compliance environment
- Well versed in core marketing principles and able to conceptualize and articulate a vision for self and brand that energizes all functional areas and stakeholders
- Previous experience in respiratory and/or work on monoclonal antibodies
- Prior experience working in a co-development/co-marketing alliance would be an asset
- Strong communication skills and track record of effective and influential presentations, delivering complex messages to external and internal customers, including Senior Leadership
- Strong track record of project and process management skills, along with the ability to work on multiple tasks, and to effectively prioritize
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written skills and the ability to interact professionally representing Sanofi Genzyme and the dupilumab atopic dermatitis team
- Proven team player with ability to navigate cross functionally
- With a clear patient-centric focus, always putting the needs of the patient first, think strategically in developing global consumer brand strategy in the healthcare space
- Build and maintain solid relationships in a complex global matrix organization, with a diverse range of internal and external, leveraging strong cross-cultural interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate credibility, leadership and influence in a team setting across the promotional alliance, leading performance-focused teams without necessarily having direct reports
- Innovate, taking creative approaches to problem solving, challenging the status quo where appropriate.
- Contribute constructively to discussions beyond the strict scope of functional responsibility
- Ability to work effectively and stay focused on strategy in complex, rapidly changing environments
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.