Hilton's Commercial Services organization is comprised of over 5,000 team members driving our sales, revenue management, call center, and analytics functions. These functions are the core of Hilton's commercial engine and are key to Hilton's ability to drive profitable growth.
What will I be doing?
The Director of Commercial Services Strategy and Planning works across Global Commercial Services, including Revenue Management, Sales, and Analytics, to build and support strategic projects and initiatives. This position reports to the Senior Director of Commercial Strategy and applies strategic frameworks to address challenges across Commercial Services as well as process discipline to drive project clarity and achieve tangible outcomes.
More specifically, you will:
- Collaborate with and influence Global Commercial Services Leadership to tackle complex problems and build simple and compelling stories and strategies for their businesses.
- Conduct (or direct) quantitative and qualitative analyses to understand current state and diagnose issues.
- Facilitate working sessions to compile data, ideate on solutions and cultivate agreement.
- Articulate recommendations and crafting business cases and stories to gain consensus by executives and their teams.
- Craft implementation roadmaps, handover materials and facilitate stand up of initiatives to execute recommendations.
- Conduct or direct ad hoc analyses and deep dives as necessary to support Chief Operating Officer's strategic agenda.
- Build strong partnerships across Hilton, especially Customer Org., Global Brands, Loyalty, Marketing, HR, IT, Legal and Finance, Corporate Strategy.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for visionaries, who are passionate about hospitality and who love to improve sales effectiveness. We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to quickly master the nuances of industry and functional challenges using a variety of data
- Deep understanding of and experience with project management methods and techniques including project portfolio management
- Strong communicators, both verbally and in writing, who effectively communicate and influence at all levels of the organization, including the Executive Committee
- Problem solver, who can resolve issues effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, fortitude, professionalism and integrity. This includes demonstrating an aptitude for effectively addressing any issue in collaboration with other team members.
- Strong strategic and critical thinking, project management, problem resolution, presentation, facilitation, collaboration and influencing skills required
- Dedicated self-starter who can work independently coordinate and prioritize work, while collaborating across the interpersonal matrix
- At ease with navigating unstructured challenges and has the ability to build and inspire teams for successful program delivery and operationalization
- Strong ability to introduce structure to ambiguous problems and situations
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Seven (7) years forward-thinking business experience, preferably in a strategy and planning or consulting role
- 15% Travel or as needed
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Previous top-tier strategy or Managing Consulting experience
- Hospitality industry experience
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!