Our global corporate affairs and communications department is responsible for managing Hilton's corporate reputation, brand communications, and fostering positive relations with federal, state, and local governments, associations and influencers.
What will I be doing?
As the Director, Team Member Communications Channels, you will oversee the communications infrastructure we use internally to engage and inspire our global Team Member population of 400,000. You will have the chance to create and onboard a new channel infrastructure, as well as handle the governance and measurement of channel effectiveness. You will showcase a strong ability to collaborate across teams, proficiency in measurement and analytics, and internal communications strategy and execution. We will depend on you to work in partnership with the team to bring reliable, customizable, and mobile-friendly channel solutions to life that give Team Members the information they want and need to read, watch, and share.
More specifically, you will:
- Craft and implement an internal communications channel strategy, including piloting new mobile-friendly channel platforms and social advocacy tools.
- Serve as the communications lead on the migration to Microsoft O365, including developing a strategy on adoption to such applications as Yammer, Teams, and Stream.
- Work closely with the Director, Team Member Communications Content Strategy to bring proficiency and continuous learning on how to maximize campaign effectiveness.
- Collaborate with HR, Marketing and Corporate Affairs as well as owner relations teams across regions and in both franchised and managed properties to promote channel adoption.
- Handle agency responsibilities - including managing scope of work and budget - for our relationship with the primary employee engagement and social advocacy platform partner.
- Lead and develop a team of people to both foster and encourage individual professional growth as well as establish a channel center of excellence.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Proficiency and interest in employee social media platforms
- An understanding of our business goals and how to bring them to life through a channel infrastructure the makes easily available the most critical information for the team
- Top-notch writing skills and strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to build and lead through ambiguity, problem solve, think strategically and execute efficiently
- Evidence of cross-functional teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstration as a dedicated leader of people
- Alignment with Hilton's values and our dream to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Ten (10) years of experience within internal or external communications, public relations, journalism fields
- Experience building or supporting employee engagement channels and platforms
- Experience managing agency partners, internal teams, projects and internal channel platform development
- Four (4) years of supervisory experience
- Ability to travel up to 25%
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree in public relations, communications or marketing
- Twelve (12) years of experience in internal or external communications, public relations, journalism roles including managing agency partners, internal teams, projects and internal channel platform development or management
- Three (3) years of experience within the hospitality industry
- Fluent in other dialects
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!