Responsible for driving Consortium Agreement compliance and growth through governance, process improvement, and Supplier management. This position works across multiple sales teams to develop region specific sales strategies while supporting sales team tactical execution to drive profitable sales growth, and supports our external partners at the State, and National level to increase membership acquisition and retention.
- Ideal candidate will live in Chicago but will consider candidates in the North East who live near a major airport
- Build sustainable platform for driving Agreement compliance and act as a competitive differentiator within a fragmented customer landscape. Clearly define consortium objectives, develop clear scope of work, document and establish standard operating procedures. Manage and leverage Consortium Agreements to quantify and improve ROI for each agreement. Set appropriate goals for ROI by project by agreement. Manage multiple contracts and compliance, pricing and performance by agreement, supplier and customer.
- In conjunction with commercial leaders manage, develop and implement Supplier initiatives to maximize sales revenue. Research, evaluate and recommend enhancements to overall programs, identify successful promotions by market; set standards and measurement objectives. Drive corporate and segment objectives internally and externally. Interact, direct and support suppliers’ promotional efforts.
- Research, evaluate, recommend and communicate value added VWR capabilities and resources to Consortium leadership teams, key customers and key suppliers to support growth and innovation within the space. Write guidelines and train internal associate’s criteria; provide explicit direction on SOPs and contract compliance when necessary.
- Allot resources, establish budget guidelines, manage projects, assign priorities, tasks and scope of authority as required to support multiple levels within VWR internal customer base.
Experience & Skills:
- Display exceptional strategic selling skills including discovery, ROI development and presentation, sales cycle maintenance, tactical planning and closing
- Clearly demonstrate problem-solving capacity and the ability to be timely and responsive
- Verifiable successful consultative sales experience calling on senior executives
- Clearly demonstrated strengths in persuasion, oral/written communications, analytical skills and sales production
- History of building and maintaining strong positive business relationships at all decision levels
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to work across functions and at all organization levels.
- Ability to manage complex projects.
- Ability to dissect problems into manageable components, and develop and implement recommendations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while accessing the correct resource for completion.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, task owners and due dates.
- Ability to work within a team environment and clearly communicate individual objectives.
- The ability to prepare and present to multiple levels within the organization.
- Ability to identify, quantify and communicate costs associated with projects.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills required for report preparation, letter writing, email communication, training documents and SOP documentation.
- Microsoft Office (word, excel, access). Essential for all communication and analysis required in this position. Seminar and/or training courses, schools are typical training grounds for these skills.
- College degree, MBA preferred or 10 years of demonstrated business experience.
- Decision making skill and/or experience, 5 years.
- People management (direct or indirect) skills and or / experience, 5 years.
- Negotiation skills, 3 years.
- Basic accounting skills, 2 years proven business application.
- Relationship Development at the C-suite level, 3 years.
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Typically works in an office with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
- Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
- A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
- Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
Avantor® is a global manufacturer and distributor of high-quality products, services and solutions to professionals in the life sciences and advanced technology industries. As our channel brand, VWR offers an integrated, seamless purchasing experience that is optimized for the way our customers do business. Operating from over 30 countries worldwide, the company seeks to enable customer success in the biopharmaceutical, pharmaceutical, medical device, diagnostics, healthcare, educational, industrial, government, aerospace & defense, and semiconductor industries. For more information visit www.settingscienceinmotion.com .
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com .
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com .
Job Posting Date: 2018-10-31