Hilton's Worldwide Sales (HWS) Team operates as part of Hilton's commercial engine. The Team ensures our owners and operators receive the combined benefits of our scale, access, and experience to drive hotel performance. Our HWS Team provides a differentiated selling value for our portfolio of brands that delivers industry-leading market share growth through deep relationships with our customers and partners. We conduct business in 42 languages serving thousands of customers from offices located around the globe. The HWS Americas Team drives our sales excellence across the Americas region through strong regional and local relationships.
What will I be doing?
Our Hilton Worldwide Sales Americas Strategy & Planning Team supports our HWS Americas Team through strategic and program management expertise applied toward our most significant priorities. The Team is part of our overall Commercial Services Strategy and Planning Team responsible for driving Hilton's commercial performance through high impact projects, insights, and connections.
Hilton is looking for a dynamic leader, who can build strong relationships across the Americas HWS organization. As the Director, Sales Strategy and Planning, you will be committed to identifying, building, and delivering solutions for the benefit of Hilton's above property sales team.
You will work directly with the Senior Vice President (SVP) HWS Americas to develop strategic plans and priorities, lead critical projects, and facilitate successful delivery and measurement. Reporting to the Vice President (VP) Commercial Strategy & Planning, you will develop best in class strategic/program management practices. You will advance the highest value initiatives across all segments and brands, including Transient, Group, Leisure, Luxury, and Partnerships. You will resolve how to best use internal resources and external stakeholders to deliver on multiple strategic and tactical initiatives across the project lifecycle.
More specifically, you will:
- Partner collaboratively with the SVP Hilton Worldwide Sales Americas and their leadership team to define the HWS Americas strategic plan to maximize brand, category, team, and individual performance. This is inclusive of managing the portfolio of key projects through program and project management expertise.
- Provide strategic leadership and communication of project scoping, approach, resourcing, governance, and delivery to increase project on-time completion. You will lead targeted strategic analyses related to key projects, including competitive assessments, account and market analytics, performance analytics, organizational structure, and business processes.
- Develop positive relationships with senior leadership and establish support from key leadership partners to implement projects.
- Lead the HWS Americas Strategy & Planning Team, including project assignment, team development, and team performance management.
- Develop and manage the change management process to build organizational support for key strategic projects in partnership with Human Resources (HR).
- Facilitate priority regional team meetings and develop effective presentations through creative and strategic facilitation techniques.
- Drive performance measurement, Key Performance Indicators, goal-setting processes, and link all sales processes to the overarching strategy. This includes implementing a culture of continuous measurement and improvement.
- Independently find opportunities and risks across the HWS Americas Team and develop plans of action accordingly.
- Establish and maintain strong, collaborative partnerships across Americas Commercial Services, Operations, HR, Technology, Legal, and Finance.
- Drive cross-regional and cross-functional alignment on priorities with global commercial functions and Commercial Strategy & Planning peers.
- Work within the Commercial Strategy & Planning Team to develop best in class strategic and programmatic approaches to create scale improvements in team efficiency and effectiveness.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for visionaries, who are passionate about hospitality and who love to improve sales effectiveness. We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Uses good judgment, stabilizes their workload, and prioritizes work with the greatest impact
- Continuous improvement, including identifying and suggesting improvements that result in more impactful service for clients and/or customers
- Strong communicators, both verbally and in writing, who effectively communicate and influence at all levels of the organization, including the Executive Committee
- Problem solver, who can resolve issues effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism and integrity. This includes demonstrating an aptitude for effectively addressing any issue in collaboration with others.
- Collaborative and interpersonal teammates, who build positive relationships, exhibit tact and earn trust
- Strong strategic and critical thinking, project management, problem resolution, presentation, facilitation, collaboration and influencing skills required
- Dedicated self-starter with a work attitude that exhibits flexibility, drive, good judgment and dependability
- Teammate who works well with others, while employing diplomacy with high-level executives and customers within the organization on a global scale
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Seven (7) years of professional work experience
- Three (3) years of management (supervisory) experience
- Three (3) years of working in a collaborative/matrixed environment
- Three (3) years of project and change management experience
- Travel up to 30% of time
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- Five (5) years of experience in Hospitality, Travel and/or Project Management
- Two (2) years of experience working directly with or supporting sales
- Strategy consulting or internal strategy leadership experience
- Deep understanding of key sales and distribution systems such as Delphi or Salesforce
- Knowledge of the third party group intermediary environment and key programs such as centralized payment (e.g. FastPay)
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Prosci Change Management certifications and/or willingness to obtain PMP certification within one year of hire
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!