From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is responsible for building the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
At Hilton, we are focused on delivering distinctive and ground breaking customer-centric experiences in every interaction, for every guest, each time. We have a legacy of success in leading the industry in important innovations like Digital Key. In a world where competitors are replicating our strategies and customers are becoming more discerning than ever, crafting high quality, consistent, branded experiences powered by intuitive customer-facing products and innovative technology is of utmost importance.
We are building a team of passionate, ambitious product leaders, who will embrace bold ideas, foster collaboration, and passionately deliver great product experiences for our customers.
As the Director you will partner with key team members, core systems and vendors to utilize system and usage data in conjunction with team members and customer insights into actionable strategies and priorities. You will think of creative ways to support customer facing high volume products with the most advanced technology. You will be committed to the overall quality for products that connect team members, complex technology systems and guests. You will work with developers, project managers, product managers, system architects, support vendors and more. Do you love and possess a strong grasp of data and systems, a holistic understanding of complex systems and dependencies, as well as hotel and customer facing digital technologies? If so, then we are looking for you.
With minimal direction, this role will develop new ways to aggregate and analyze data to identify issues before they arise and will have a chance create tools to report and monitor performance. We believe leadership and dynamic communication abilities are keys to success in this role. Your success will be defined by your rare self-starting attitude and awareness of issues and ongoing product measurement and performance with a zero-defect goal.
More specifically, you will:
- Define, monitor and report a balanced set of performance metrics to deliver product stability and continuous improvement
- Research and implement new API testing tools, automation tools, performance testing tools
- Coordinate with the support organizations (internal and external) to ensure processes, staffing and performance meet the quality objectives
- Aid in educating and guiding teams on the best data monitoring practices
- Strengthen the confidence in our solutions by acting as an SME for data aggregation and analysis
- Understand and approve the release process and inter-dependencies across technology, reporting, support, hotel teams and operations
- Ensure vendor SDLC is aligned and quality impacts are documented and communicated
- Ensure that the requirement trace-ability matrix is created and updated
- Define a strategy to diagnose and report in advance, and direct support organization to execute strategy
- Recommend an approach on SQL queries to validate databases using an automation tooling for support teams
- Understand impact of defects with associated documentation using JIRA or HP QC logged by support
- Collaborate with outside vendors, internal teams and hotel management to identify and resolve issues
- Coordinate with PMs/Training/Front Office/Hotel teams to inform processes and training that improve the product quality and boost the guest experience
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Eight (8) years working in automation/manual testing
- Three (3) years of data science experience focused on forensic analysis and predictive modeling
- Three (3) years working with programming in a C-style language
- Solid grasp of SQL
- Proficiency using SoapUI, Postman or similar test harnesses for RESTful web service testing
- Experience managing teams of three (3)+ people
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Master's Degree in Business Administration
- Five (5) years spent translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- Three (3) years of working in Agile Product Management
- Four (4) years of management experience
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience in GraphiQL
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment methodologies is a plus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!