Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and regenerative medicine products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives every day. Allergan is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition. Where you can build bridges all over the world. Where you can power ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and drive results for customers and patients. Power your future & join our bold team. Position Overview: The position will be reporting to the Executive Director Global Procurement, Manufacturing and Lab Sourcing. The Director, Global Procurement will lead management and oversight of the Third Party Manufacturing spend category and will be primarily responsible for developing and implementing global sourcing strategies together with leaders across the Allergan Legal, Regulatory, Quality, Finance, Global Pharmaceutical Technology, VPOM, and Global Procurement teams. This position will be directly aligned with executive leaders across Operations and R&D globally to ensure that all services in support of Third Party Manufacturing are performed by suppliers that meet Allergan’s cost, quality, and delivery requirements. Lead the development of sourcing strategies for the Third Party Manufacturing Category through collaboration and engagement with the executive leadership team in Global Operations. Provide strategic direction for the sourcing of Third Party Manufacturing services, allocation to suppliers based on business requirements, contracting and budget negotiations, issue resolution, governance for all outsourced services, as well as measurement of supplier performance. Ensure that cost savings are achieved whenever possible without placing risk on the company’s quality, operational, timeline, and projected revenue requirements. Ensure the communication and alignment of savings targets across all direct reports, business partners, and organizational leaders to provide consistency of message and approach. Proactively work with business partners to identify sourcing and contracting requirements in advance of supplier communications to ensure clear specifications, requirements, and alignment across the Allergan team prior to initiating requests or agreements with suppliers. Maintain relationships with internal stakeholders of all levels, as well as external supplier relationships with key supplier personnel focused on working with Allergan to build a mutually beneficial supply relationship Build and maintain a strong working knowledge of supply market conditions for the sourcing categories that are being managed, as well as a good working knowledge of the supplier category offerings Accountable for achieving targeted results, including cost savings, for the agreed sourcing categories Develop, execute, and negotiate supply agreements/contracts Cooperating and coordinating procurement tasks with Supply Chain and Operations to ensure continuity of supply Ensure that processes and communications channels exist in order to maximize the effectiveness of the delivery and implementations of any sourcing negotiations or projects Engage with other senior leaders in Allergan operations to coach procurement team and (1) act with integrity, initiative, and sound judgment to reinforce trust, professionalism, and commitments, (2) communicate regularly, openly, and effectively both within Allergan and to our suppliers, as appropriate, and (3) inspire and empower direct reports, procurement peers, and other senior leaders across Allergan and suppliers, as appropriate, to achieve and exceed objectives. Through partnering with other senior leaders in the organization and the coaching of direct reports (1) manage and develop a number of direct reports by ensuring that they receive appropriate knowledge, (2) attract, assemble, and retain a high-caliber, multidisciplinary team to support sourcing activities, supplier performance, governance, relationships, and assessments, and (3) continuously develop self and others through both formal and informal training, skill development, communication, performance management and growth opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- Master’s Degree in Business, Science, Engineering, or related technical field preferred
- Minimum 10 years of varied line and staff experience in pharmaceutical operations, supply chain, or R & D environment
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally as required
- Pharmaceutical Commercial Chemical material external supplier management, evaluation, and selection focusing on cost, service, quality. Pharmaceutical material procurement experience a plus.
- Contract negotiation, management, and execution
- Supplier development and supplier performance
- Spend and performance analysis
- Materials management/Inventory levels
- Automated purchasing and planning systems - SAP preferred.
- Energetic, self-motivated, results-oriented, and independent. Committed and dedicated to achieve success.
- Ability to be resourceful and flexible working in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, negotiation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Intellectual curiosity and motivation to seek answers
- Personal organization and self-management.
- Influencing skills and executive maturity.
- Excellent analytical and computer skills