From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is responsible for building the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Director Information Technology you will be an Area Information Technology specialist, concerned with the identification of system solutions, and the correct installation and management of Hilton Hotel technologies. You will provide senior technical leadership to local IT teams and will also be conversant with the future direction of enterprise systems, how that direction will impact the area, and how future and current systems can be exploited for the benefit of the enterprise. Given the high level of technical leadership, you would guide your operational teams into better understanding and utilization of IT resources.
This position will make certain the IT systems run smoothly within all hotels in their area by providing planning and mentorship of the IT Function within each hotel and area office, project management of new installations and openings in region. You will present the Hilton IT vision to ownership groups in your area of focus. You will also ensure that the IT functions within your assigned hotels/offices are performing at the highest level of efficiency, security, SOX compliance and to Hilton standards. You will make sure that IT contributes actively to the profitability of the hotels, the region of focus and the company in general via revenue improvements, productivity gains and/or simple cost controls in IT itself.
More specifically, you will:
- Work with key regional business partners and clients to ensure the overall strategic direction of the teams are consistent with and supported by these areas.
- Work together with key partners and departments structuring the resources and activities of the global Field Service department so objectives are accomplished.
- Pre-Sell our Company's IT vision to ownership groups in region.
- Lead the grouping and assignment of tasks, while ensuring optimal allocation of resources.
- Establish the flow of authority and communication between position and levels within the organization.
- Streamline business processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness within the department.
- Lead the multi-functional links between Information Technology development, support and deployment.
- Implement measurements to ensure effectiveness, usage and awareness.
- Provide direction and leadership to team members within the Field Service function.
- Ensure top-level talent is in place within the organization. Develops current talent to achieve greater strategic goals and performance.
- Resolve staffing needs and handle the recruiting, selecting, hiring, training and developing of department team members.
- Work with direct reports on goals to assist in accomplishing department initiatives, and their own career objectives.
- Maintain proper controls to ensure that Area Field Service meets the strategic goals and expectations of the company.
- Watch and evaluate systems for the Area Field Service team.
- Translate organizational goals and objectives into performance standards for division, departments and individual positions.
- Assess actual performance against standards to figure out whether the department is on target to reach its goals and takes corrective actions as necessary.
- Ensure business plans and goals are being followed and achieved, providing feedback or revising the plan, if needed.
- Establish and implement policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Company.
- Ensure return on invested capital and time resources.
- Ensure that the Field Services team works globally within many cultures and markets.
- Set and approve hotel IT Capex and departmental Opex budgets.
- Review and make appropriate adjustments in activities and expenses throughout the fiscal year to ensure optimal financial results.
- Run the project for all phases of hotel conversions of a managed Hilton and new hotel openings to including budgeting, planning, resourcing, vendor management and implementation.
- Project manage the process of hotels leaving the managed estate and ensure appropriate systems are secured and transitioned.
- Actively participate in the planning and participation of the Field Services Conference and area team meetings including leading sessions if required.
- Support the Culture of Learning initiatives and other organizational training.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to cultivate positive technology and procedural change while considering all team members and partners
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills with an emphasis on executive engagement
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with focus and precision
- Ability to navigate through changing business, process and technology capabilities, decisions and direction
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's degree
- Five (5) years in a field IT role
- Four (4) years of management or supervisory experience
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Ten (10) years of hospitality industry experience, with a mix of experience from Operational and IT roles
- The technical ability to install a Windows Network to Hilton standard in a hotel
- In-depth knowledge of front and back of house Hospitality IT systems
- Microsoft or Cisco certification, including MCSA, MCSE, MCTS or MCITP for Windows Server, MCDST for workstations
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!