The Director of Enterprise Applications is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and managing business solutions across the enterprise. This role will work closely with functional leaders to understand business demands and build an application portfolio that delivers to those needs, while maintaining clear strategic direction and architectural integrity.
As a Director and an IT Leadership Team member, the person in this role will apply extensive knowledge of a broad range of technologies, methodologies and best practices to ensure the achievement of business outcomes where the business processes are dependent upon technology.
Primary or Key Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide leadership and accountability for the IT Enterprise Applications used by all the company businesses
- Provide leadership to the managers and teams for Product Ownership, Application Architecture and Application Delivery.
- Work alongside other North American IT leaders to ensure appropriate resources are provided to enable the successful deployment of new or upgraded business solutions
- Ensure stakeholders understand all available IT Enterprise Application services and promote financial and commercial awareness in order to deliver value-for-money.
- Ensure there is broad understanding of how new Enterprise Applications will be delivered to the business (This will include the planning around key business periods / cycles).
- Identify opportunities to bring technology innovation to the businesses
- Consider all potential options for IT system deployments and advise on appropriate build versus buy strategy. This decision will be based on whether the new system is one of: System of Record, System of Differentiation or System of Innovation
- Ensure application architecture and delivery teams operate within the principles of Secure by Design
Product Management / Ownership Team
- Align product roadmaps to overall business and technology strategies
- Manage backlog of configuration and enhancement requests for 3rd party products. Influence product roadmaps through strategic vendor management
- Manage product upgrade and enhancement releases, working with internal and third party test and release resources. Inform and facilitate training for business teams to leverage new capabilities.
- Coordinate with global product development teams to manage backlogs and influence roadmaps according to business objectives in North America
- Manage the backlog, development and delivery of requests for speed products developed within the North American application development team
Application Architecture Team
- Define enterprise application architectures for the North American businesses in coordination with RI Group architectural standards
- Coordinate with and drive Global TDA standards into the NA businesses
- Proactively review the North America IT landscape to identify risks and opportunities
- Work closely with project and development teams to ensure designs meet the company's strategic enterprise architecture and roadmap
- Provide support to IT Business Partners, and other project team members, during functional requirements definition to ensure that functionality is both technically achievable and feasible within the project constraints
- Maintain standards and processes for Development and Release Management, and work with the support functions to maintain integrity of solutions
- Maintain testing standards so as to proactively manage the risk of new development
- Create strategic direction and execution of application development and delivery methodologies
Application Delivery Team
- Design, develop, integrate and implement speed applications and services using a variety of available tools and technologies
- Evaluate and adopt new tools to support speed application development objectives
- Engage with IT Business Partners and Product Owners to creatively design and deliver applications that fill solutions gaps within the business and IT landscape
- Prioritize backlog by assessing business and customer value through input from business and technology leaders
- Work with Solution Architects to understand and prioritize business demands and deliver within agreed standards.
- Software development and / or systems integration experience required.
- Deep understanding of both waterfall and agile System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies, techniques and tools.
- Proven ability to create strategies and execute on those strategies.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and resource management in various stages of the Project Management life cycle.
- Working knowledge and experience with ITIL processes
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be organized and multi-task; establish and follow priorities.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
Certifications & Licenses
- Scrum/Agile qualifications desired
- ITIL Foundation in IT Service Management desired
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.