Our Global HR team partners with our business leaders to attract, retain, and develop Hilton's most important asset, our Team Members.
What will I be doing?
The steadfast goal of the HR Consulting Group (HRCG) is to ensure Hilton's corporate structure is optimally aligned, staffed, and equipped to lead the hospitality industry. HRCG provides Human Resource (HR) business solutions in areas, including, but not limited to, talent maximization, workforce planning, process improvement, and change implementation.
Do you enjoy building robust strategic partnerships? As the Director of HR Consulting (HRC) Luxury and Lifestyle, you will establish trust with business leaders and partner with cross-functional teams including Global Brands, Marketing, Loyalty, Business Development, Technology and Corporate Strategy to drive solution-based responses to client needs. You will be committed to driving large-scale horizontal HR projects, requiring validated project and change management skills.
More specifically, you will:
- Partner with the luxury team to develop firsthand knowledge of short and long-term business goals and objectives.
- Ensure positive partnerships with COE groups including Benefits, Compensation, Team Member Relations, Learning and Development, Recruiting and HR Analytics to provide client solutions.
- Identify critical focus areas for the analysis, development, and implementation of integrated HR solutions that support the clients' global business strategy.
- Support business partners regarding organizational structure or job changes using your analytical skills to make recommendations on talent management, succession, turnover reporting, position descriptions, salaries and job changes.
- Advise on all areas of HR support.
- Plan, execute and implement HR cross-functional projects and process improvement initiatives while meeting deadlines and managing to a specific budget.
- Partner with external vendors to align the desired project outcomes, lead by directing, coaching, and facilitating cross functional team resources, and observe the progress and completion of project achievements.
- Manage status updates and create strategic creative presentations aimed at informing, aligning, and engaging key partners.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Deep understanding of the principles and practical application of HR functions in a global corporate environment
- Extraordinary critical thinking, with both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and the ability to use sound judgment, logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and decision-making skills to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and to provide recommendations for optimal solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication and comprehension skills, including articulating complex analytical topics to a wide audience, who may or may not be familiar with analytics or the subject matter
- Passion for the luxury industry and the capability to identify and evaluate strategic opportunities, navigate and influence when there is not a formal reporting line, and produce tangible results
- Exercises discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information at all times
- Ability to stay calm and effective while handling multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritizing responsibilities
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Dedicated self-starter, who takes initiative with minimal direction and understands concepts quickly
- Problem solver, who solves issues effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism and integrity
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Seven (7) years of experience working in a large, global, corporate, matrixed environment
- Four (4) years of management experience
- Three (3) years of Consulting or Project Management (PM)/Change Management experience
- Experience working in a geographically dispersed organization with a remote team
- Experience working in a business partnering environment
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Travel as needed
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- Five (5) years of HR experience
- Five (5) years of Consulting experience
- Four (4) years of managerial experience at a Director-level
- Broad global understanding of relevant employment legislation
- Prior experience that includes a deep understanding of budgets, reconciliation and forecasting, as well as risk and compliance
- Experience with Oracle, PeopleSoft and Success Factors
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!