Hilton's Commercial Services organization is comprised of over 5,000 team members driving our sales, revenue management, call center, and analytics functions. These functions are the core of Hilton's commercial engine and are key to Hilton's ability to drive profitable growth.
What will I be doing?
As the Director of Global Pricing, you will advance Hilton's global competitiveness in pricing distribution and strategy. Hilton develops and maintains various rate and offer structures to improve and maximize revenue to Hilton's hotels. To be effective, these structures have to be responsive to customer purchasing behavior, competitive landscape, and distribution strategy.
In collaboration with cross-functional teams, you will develop pricing strategies for transient demand, and establish frameworks to monitor and improve their effectiveness. This position will seek to optimize Hilton's global rate structure - the process of analyzing and establishing price points and determining how these rates are displayed to customers and distributed to intermediaries.
As the Director of Global Pricing, you will rely heavily on a deep understanding of current tools and processes in place across Hilton's brands and geographies. The position will also rely on your experience of pricing methodologies, current trends, and ambitious activity inside and outside of the hospitality.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop and maintain a global pricing strategy for each segment and channel that adheres to brand standards and improves return to hotels.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Revenue Management, Digital, Brands, Analytics, Distribution, and other functional areas to identify, prioritize, and resolve rate structure, pricing, and distribution issues and opportunities.
- Lead efforts for developing strategy and reporting that provides insightful and actionable information on the efficacy of Hilton's pricing structure, pricing initiatives, pricing strategy, and distribution and display capabilities.
- Provide new ideas or modify existing processes to utilize price position information to direct commercial activity towards high-opportunity areas or hotels.
- Test and optimize Hilton's offer strategy, ensuring it aligns with customer needs and enterprise objectives.
- Seek strategic alignment of pricing strategy across regions (APAC, EMEA and AMER) through collaboration with regional revenue and pricing teams.
- Provide frequent verbal and written updates to senior leadership on strategic plans, risk and opportunity assessments, and performance evaluation of key pricing initiatives.
- Develop action plans, including but not limited to systems, reports, processes and analytical approaches to address major pricing opportunities and coordinate the execution of these action plans across the various pertinent functional areas.
- Collaborate with the analytics team to develop a consistent approach to measure the net revenue impact of commercial initiatives and the incremental contribution of intermediaries and distribution channels.
- Organize and facilitate periodic cross-functional reviews on the efficacy of the pricing strategy for each brand and geographic area (market).
- Provide mentorship as a subject matter authority supporting cross-functional initiatives of other disciplines.
- Lead work streams across functions to deliver the reporting, tools, processes, and analytical consistency that supports the pricing decision-making.
- Lead the recruitment and development of team members to include participating in succession planning efforts, providing team members with continuous feedback and recognition, and facilitating career development discussions to meet individual needs and group performance objectives.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for visionaries, who are passionate about hospitality and who love to have the chance to create pricing process improvements. The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Strong networkers with superb interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Strong technical knowledge of Hilton's Revenue Management and Distribution capabilities
- Self-motivation skills enabling you to take initiative in identifying, prioritizing and implementing tasks with a personal commitment to succeed
- Strong problem-solving skills to resolve issues effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, teamwork and integrity
- Strong analytical skills to devise sound approaches to analyze complex business problems with appropriate mathematical methods and statistical modeling
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Seven (7) years of professional working experience
- Four (4) years of management experience
- Travel potential - 30%
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Nine (9) years of professional working experience
- Two (2) years of Supervisory and Project Management experience
- Hilton Revenue Management experience
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!