From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is responsible for building the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
Hilton's Experience Design team works to create an extraordinary journey through every part of a guest's experience - from the time our guests dream of travel, until their stay is complete, and beyond. We believe that design happens in many functions across our organization, and we deliver better experiences to our guests when we're working together to build, test, and learn. You will focus on user outcomes in both digital and non-digital spaces.
As a Director on the Experience Design Research team, you will lead researchers who are focused on strategizing, planning and executing qualitative and quantitative studies with customers of our digital products. These researchers are embedded on multi-functional teams and collect customer/team member feedback on a variety of digital products including websites, applications and enterprise software. You will be a strong voice for human-centered-design research methodologies and will represent the voice of the customer. You will work closely with our Experience Design, Creative, and UX teams to support in-depth business reviews, communicate and present across all levels of the organization, as well be responsible for attracting, retaining, and developing talent focused on research and the collection of customer feedback.
More specifically, you will:
- Nurture a team culture that is helpful, humble, reliable, honest, resourceful, positive, accountable, dedicated, and empathetic.
- Create an environment where your team members can grow, develop, and maximize their talents.
- Provide leadership and advocate for customer-first prioritization, data-driven decisions, and UX/design that balances user needs with objectives.
- Develop and build relationships across teams and disciplines to promote collaboration and efficiency on projects.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Thinks about the big picture without losing focus on the details
- Passionate about research, and understands and has demonstrated skills leading a team of human-centered-design researchers
- Design feedback is constructive, fair, honest and considerate.
- Flourishes with collaboration
- Good instinct for when to use traditional research methods, and when to 'go lean'
- Excited about the world of UX and design research, keeping up with trends and the competitive landscape
- Resourceful and adaptable
- Understands what it's like being a creative in a big company
- Communicates clearly, efficiently and persuasively
- Identifies weaknesses in individual researchers and the team overall, and makes a plan to shore them up
- Experience with planning activities and events that stimulate and inspire researchers
- Serves as subject-matter-expert regarding digital research
- Communicates with clients and partners
- Stays ahead of emerging technologies and sees opportunities to incorporate the best current thinking into our research toolkit
- Experience leading human centered design research teams
- Translates concepts into research objectives
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and has the ability to prioritize, show initiative and respond quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Walks clients and partners through the reasoning process on research methodologies, as well as results
- Able to thrive in collaborative work environment and comfortable seeking input from other team members
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Twelve (12) years of Research experience
- Three (3) years of Research team leadership experience
- Less than 10% travel annually
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Fourteen (14) years of Research experience
- Five (5) years Research team leadership experience
- Three (3) years of human-centered research experience
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!