***This position can be located in Memphis, TN, Dallas, TX or McLean, VA***
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is building the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Director, Endpoint & Infrastructure Protection, you will act as the key technical leader responsible for defining security strategies, maintaining and evolving security technologies, and continuously monitoring cyber security posture. You will lead multi-team, cross-department initiatives to improve protections through new technologies and the consolidation of existing security tools. By owning our critical defense solutions, you maintain the estate-wide deployment footprint, leading the evaluation and deployment of new protection features and processes.
More specifically, you will:
- Define short and longer-term security strategies that account for how network, native host, third-party, and custom solutions combine to protect servers, workstations, mobile devices, and IoT systems.
- Evaluate Hilton's existing security solutions portfolio and find opportunities for delivering enhanced protections while also consolidating tools / processes.
- Act as Product Owner for key Hilton security technology.
- Lead support engineers responsible for threat protection tool configuration management, currency, agent deployment, new feature evaluation, and support / problem resolution.
- Own vendor management, advanced critical issues, and product financial management.
- Continuously identify and improve targeted processes and controls to: a) protect high-value targets and b) remediate deviations from security standards.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Technical knowledge and understanding of endpoint protection tools and techniques, including large-scale enterprise governance and control practices for solutions with >100K deployed agents. Experience as a Product Owner, leading all aspects of a solution, including: procurement, annual budgeting and forecasting, deployment, maintenance, monitoring, health / performance reporting, upgrades, and vendor relationship management.
- With an attention to detail and aptitude for understanding how overall technology environment, how network, host, and security tools combine to provide for defense in-depth, you will know the technical implementation details required to support and run the security tools.
- Effective teamwork across technology engineering teams, including communication of requirements, quality assurance / risk management practices, and deployment validation. You should have experience in developing solution roadmaps and strategies, performing comparative analysis of security solutions, and selecting solutions.
- Knowledge and experience of activities associated with endpoint software agent evaluation, testing, troubleshooting, deployment automation, maintenance, and updates.
- Your hands-on experience Microsoft Windows secure server and workstation configuration practices that will help you provide for a defense-in-depth posture.
- Strong knowledge of host protection solutions landscape and capability from the leading vendors such as: Cisco, McAfee, Symantec, Sophos, Carbon Black, Crowdstrike, VMware, and open source alternatives.
- You will be able to communicate strategies and key issues related to: endpoint protection, host posturing, NAC, AWL, BYOD, and MDM/EMM.
- A current and conversant view on traditional anti-virus and its retirement of in favor of, and/or consolidation with, alternative malware protection solutions
- Multi-taskers who collaboratively manage multiple projects and priorities with a cool-head under time constraints to effectively handle concurrent demands.
- Strong working knowledge information security concepts, terms, standard practices, and regulatory compliance requirements such as ISO 27001, Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), NIST 800-53, PCI DSS, SOC2 etc.
- Leaders who are comfortable with mentorship, providing performance feedback to reports, and communicating results and areas for improvement all while leading by example.
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Ten (10) years of hands-on technical experience with endpoint host and/or network technology
- Five (5) years of management experience
- Travel will be required, around 30%
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor's degree
- Fifteen (15) years of professional working experience
- Eight (8) years of management experience
- Direct experience architecting, maintaining, and designing a massive enterprise endpoint protection solution
- Experience in securing technology for the retail or hospitality industries, and/or large branch-office and mobile employee footprints
- CISSP or equivalent advanced security/technology certifications
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!