Our Architecture & Design Department delivers truly exceptional properties that delight our guests, reward our partners, and reflect the unique cultures of their geographical locations. With design and construction professionals across 16 locations, we have the advantages of a global presence as well as the benefits of local resources, skills, and expertise.
What will I be doing?
In this role, you will support the Director Design, Lifestyle Brands who oversees the Canopy and MOTTO Brands and the Senior Vice President, Global Design Services (GDS) with strategic portfolio growth initiatives among Hilton's developing Lifestyle Brands, Canopy, MOTTO, and future lifestyle brands in development, including refinement of design within these portfolios of properties. You will support GDS Luxury & Lifestyle (L&L) colleagues and collaborate with Brand, Development and Technical Services Teams on specific projects, and craft and maintain GDS Design Initiatives, Brand Narratives and Design & Construction Standards. You will be responsible for North American Region (USA & Canada) project evaluations that are critical for design, Brand and technical reviews to achieve GDS approvals for conversion, renovation and new construction projects. You will work proactively and collaboratively with both internal and third party business partners such as owners, design consultants and developers and to promote our benefited approach relative to planning and operational efficiencies. You will provide strategic recommendations to improve the inherent value of the hotel asset through elevated design, being mindful of budget and schedule. These objectives should be seen as part of ongoing training for continued professional development. Global Design Services Initiatives and project specific work will require light business travel.
More specifically, you will:
- Project Evaluations; You will assist with program planning, design review, due diligence initiatives, provide mentorship to our key partners, third party owner's, architects and design consultants. All project evaluations shall optimize the quality of the guests' experience and overall performance of the property. Projects will encompass site and desktop evaluations for conversions, renovations and new ground up construction.
- Document Review / Process Management; You will independently review FF&E and GC drawing and/or specification submittals for compliance with GDS and brand standards. You will work in conjunction with your partners to provide mentorship to Managed and Franchised hotel owners and hotel GMs with online project registration, design submittals (both electronic and physical), issuance of design review documents, design re submittals and eventual issuance of formal design approval letter.
- Project and Document Tracking; Dedicatedly track active projects to insure we are ahead of the curve, monitoring the progress of various design projects. Assist in the communications and follow-up with Brand Management teams to resolve issues.
- Direct Support; You will contribute to the evolution and maintenance of the Luxury and Lifestyle Brand Narratives, D&C Standards, Key Brand Attributes, specific design initiatives, communication tools and website. Collaboratively evaluate and make recommendations for effectiveness and efficiencies. You will maintain the design website in coordination with the external webhost company, including the evaluation of functionality, effectiveness and user-friendly interface. Help develop content materials and tools for ongoing site improvement.
- Presentation Assistance; you will help with presentation preparations to senior executives and outside constituencies.
- Industry Knowledge; strive to be knowledgeable of our industry and current regarding design trends and products relative to L&L growth, as a basis to maintain creative design criteria.
- Competitive Market; make a concerted effort to tour recently completed Hilton and non-Hilton Lifestyle & Luxury properties both locally and as travel warrants.
- Professional Development; attend professional and/or community events to represent Hilton.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Strong project management, organizational, communication and collaborative skills, including the ability to handle details through to completion and ensure project objectives are met.
- Experience and detailed knowledge with Luxury hospitality interior design FF&E technical specification writing and evaluations.
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Office Suite; (Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point).
- Experience working with Bluebeam and Adobe Suite (Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, inDesign, Illustrator).
- General knowledge of accessibility, building codes and technical requirements as it relates to hospitality architecture and design industry.
- Ability to communicate graphically by developing diagrams and documenting reviews (e.g. Bluebeam, loose hand sketches, etc.).
- Solves problems effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity.
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture or Interior Design
- Three (3) years of experience within the Hospitality Design Industry, specifically within the Luxury & Lifestyle sector
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Master's Degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture or Interior Design
- Five (5) years of experience working in the Hospitality Design Industry, and within the Luxury & Lifestyle sector. Experience would ideally include hotel, corporate and / or owner positions
- Familiarity with Sketch-up, AutoCAD or other 3D visualization software
- Current Licensed Architect
- Current Registered Interior Designer
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!