Our Architecture & Design Department delivers truly exceptional properties that delight our guests, reward our partners, and reflect the unique cultures of their geographical locations. With design and construction professionals across 16 locations, we have the advantages of a global presence as well as the benefits of local resources, skills, and expertise.
What will I be doing?
As the Design Manager of Luxury and Lifestyle Brands, you will support the Director, Luxury Architecture and Construction who supports the Waldorf Astoria, Conrad and LRX Brands. You will also support the Vice President Architecture & Design - Luxury Brands, as well as the Senior Vice President of Global Design Services with portfolio growth initiatives. You will collaborate with Brand, Development, and Technical Services teams to build and maintain GDS Design Initiatives, brand narratives and design and construction standards.
You will lead project evaluations for the North American Region (USA and Canada). Your evaluations are critical for design, brand and technical reviews to achieve GDS approvals for conversion, renovation and newly constructed properties. You will build positive partnerships with all Hilton internal constituents and owners, developers and designers to promote our dynamic approach relative to planning and operational efficiencies. Additionally, you will provide recommendations to improve the value of the hotel asset through elevated design while staying mindful of budget and schedule.
More specifically, you will:
- Generate project evaluation protocols, including the development of program, planning and design review due-diligence initiatives.
- Optimize and improve the quality of the guests' experience, team member experience and overall operational performance of the property. Optimization will encompass site and desktop evaluations, architectural master plan and interior space planning initiatives.
- Review Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment (FF&E) and GC drawing and specification submittals for compliance with GDS and brand standards and compose written recommendations or approvals.
- Guide consultants of Managed and Franchised hotel owners and hotel General Managers through online project registration, design submittals, issuance of design review documents, and issuance of formal design approval letters.
- Track digital and hard copy submittals, executing accurate log maintenance, design review, and safe record storage.
- Monitor the progress of multiple design projects while establishing open communication with the Brand Management, Operations, F&B, Wellness, MEP and IT teams to keep all partners informed.
- Provide mentorship to key partners such as the internal brand and development teams, owners, architects and design teams.
- Evaluate and propose recommendations for GDS efficiencies, functionality, and user-friendly interfaces. This will include maintaining the design website in coordination with the external web-host company, developing content, and implementing ongoing site improvements.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking visionaries, who are passionate about design and who love to build transformations through their projects. We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Collaborative teammates, who thrive in an interdependent work-culture
- Innovative thinkers, who strive to gain the latest knowledge of the hospitality industry, especially in relation to discovering groundbreaking designs
- Active project managers, who will make a concerted effort to tour recently completed Hilton and non-Hilton properties, both locally and as travel warrants, to gain inspiration
- Community minded individuals, who will attend professional and community events to represent Hilton, always with the lens of growing their career development through such opportunities
- Passionate presenters, who will help us put our best foot forward, assisting with compiling presentations to communicate progress and successes
- Understanding of communicating graphically by developing diagrams and loose-hand sketches
- General knowledge of accessibility, building codes and technical requirements as it relates to hospitality architecture and design industry
- Proven project management experience
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Five (5) years' experience working in the Hospitality Architecture or Design industry
- Experience working with Bluebeam and Adobe Suite, including Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
- Travel - up to 25%
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or Interior Architecture
- Two (2) years' experience specifically within the Luxury and Lifestyle sector; ideally for a hotel corporation or ownership group
- Current Licensed Architect
- Familiarity with Sketch-up, AutoCAD or other 3D visualization software
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!