Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The role of the Director Database Platforms and Operations is to lead an organization within the IT department that likely consists of several individual organizations. At this level, the manager sets the strategic direction for their organization in support of the business objectives of the company, ensuring the structures and processes needed to effectively deliver the mission of their organization are in place. They create a work environment that enables their employees to be their best and deliver on their accountabilities. They are personally accountable for creating organizational change, delivering business results by working across the organization and development of employees. They demonstrate a broad level of influence across the IT organization, with their business partners, peer leaders and senior leaders.
- Accountable for creation of environment of safety and innovation within their organization. Is a role model for inclusive behaviors across all levels of employees.
- Models and creates an environment of accountability for multiple organizations, peer groups and senior leaders by setting clear performance objectives in support of business outcomes.
- Establishes vision, direction and specific objectives for multiple organizational areas and is able to successfully integrate them
- Collects multiple levels of staff performance data against desired outcomes and service level agreements ensuring that strategic outcomes at the broader organizational level are achieved.
General Management & Decision Making
- Is a technology thought leader. Develops complex ideas and organization strategy that have long-term, strategic impact and aligns with Enterprise direction. Responsible for implementation of strategy including high level planning of work and resources across multi-year timeframe.
- Communicates strategy to the organization so they understand their roles, are motivated to achieve established goals and have line of the sight between their work and Allstate strategies. Converts thinking of others or gains acceptance of complex ideas where difficult but necessary to achieve goals and objectives.
- Leads multiple teams in achieving significant, complex assignments. Creates structures and processes that provide oversight of budgets and delivery yet allow employees freedom of action.
Business Partner Management
- Leverages external industry relationships to improve the Enterprise. Serves as a representative of Allstate in the industry when necessary.
- Influences individual contributors, managers, partners, service providers, senior leaders and peers to successfully deliver on business commitments spanning multiple organizations and levels of complexity.
- Leads the process of setting and managing expectations; continually seeks opportunities to be a thought partner and increase internal and external business partner satisfaction and deepen relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 7+ years of management experience; including leading leaders; should include accountability for all aspects of leading an organization including people processes, client/partner relationships, work processes and delivery of work products.
- Familiarity with multiple database technologies
- Familiarity with development and operations in one or more public clouds
- Experience with Operations and Production Support for databases as well as other software
- Ability to drive Dev/Ops in the database space
- Ability to drive Automation
- Experience with internal customer success function for software products
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click 'here' for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click 'here' for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.