Data Engineering Manager
We are looking for a Data Engineering Manager for one of our well-known clients in Atlanta area. You will be responsible for managing the technology delivery of new capabilities and enhancements to existing capabilities in our client's new Data Ecosystem on Cloud / Big Data as well as Legacy On-prem Ecosystems. You will also be responsible for migration of legacy data platforms to Cloud in the future. The candidate will also be responsible for streamlining Enterprise Data team's development process by driving adoption of Agile methodology.
Ideal candidate will have broad, hands-on experience on building and managing data ecosystems (Data Lake on Cloud, Data warehouse, data transformation, data modeling, data distribution using DaaS and other patterns).
Responsibilities of the Data Engineering Manager-
- Delivery responsibilities for implementing data pipeline (data ingest, data transformation, data store and data distribution) for new use cases as well as changes to existing functionalities in Big Data Ecosystem on Cloud.
- Delivery responsibilities for enhancing existing data pipeline (data ingest, data transformation, data store and data distribution) in Legacy Data Ecosystem on premise.
- Estimate development work effort, build execution plan. Work with Data Architect on delivery road-map and annual planning.
- Manage scope, schedule and risk related to development work and cost estimation.
- Partner with Business and IT stakeholders to properly manage delivery commitment, expectations and handle stakeholder communication, status reporting.
- Manage 5 FTEs (Developers / Data Engineers).
- Performance review of FTEs, provide timely feedback and help with their professional development.
Requirements of the Data Engineering Manager:
- 10+ Years of software delivery experience.
- 5+ years of experience in software delivery using Big Data, preferably on Cloud.
- Hands-on Design and Development experience with multiple Data Technologies; Data Warehouse, Big Data, Data Integration, ETL, RDBMS etc.
- Hands on practical experience with software development estimation, planning and tracking. Experience with Jira, Azure DevOps will be preferred.
- Good understanding of Master Data Management, Data Management etc.
- Good understanding and preferably hands-on experience of executing projects using Agile methodologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- BS in either Information Systems, Finance/Mathematics, or Computer Science.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format to Please reference job code 71818 when responding to this ad.