A Director of Foundation plans, organizes, implements, and directs a comprehensive fund-raising program at a college or the District Office by identifying and soliciting funds from private individuals, corporations, and foundations and managing the business affairs of the Foundation.
• Develops and implements a comprehensive fund-raising program with specific long-term and short-term goals and objectives which reflect the college and the Foundation priorities.
• Plans and coordinates events aimed at donor prospects including alumni, retired staff and special target groups.
• Prepares and manages annual budget for Foundation operations.
• Manages the business affairs of the Foundation, including supervising personnel, authorizing financial transactions, executing and administering contracts, and reporting to the Foundation Board of Directors.
• Prepares written proposals and reports with recommendations and analyses for the Foundation.
• Assures compliance with all federal, state and local laws, relevant contractual obligations, and recognized accounting and reporting standards applicable to fundraising.
• Identifies and solicits sources of funding including private individuals, corporations, and foundations.
• Develops and implements strategies for volunteer leadership and enhanced community involvement in fund raising activities.
• Plans and manages on-going professional development activities for the Foundation Board of Directors
• Designs and writes fund development informational literature.
• Assists administrators, Foundation Board of Directors, and other key individuals in planning and managing specific campaign activities.
• Develops and maintains systems of prospect management and research, and donor relations.
• Recruits, organizes, and directs the efforts of volunteers in fund-raising activities.
• Attends and participates in various administrative and committee meetings, workshops, and conferences to gather information and identify Foundation goals.
• Represents the Foundation to the external community.
• Makes oral presentations as requested.
• Performs related duties as assigned.