Our global corporate affairs and communications department is responsible for managing Hilton's corporate reputation, brand communications, and fostering positive relations with federal, state, and local governments, associations and influencers.
What will I be doing?
As the Corporate Responsibility (CR) Manager, you will support our Corporate Responsibility and Human Rights efforts, while working with the Director to drive progress around Hilton's social impact priorities. You will be responsible for working with our global team and business partners to support the ongoing execution and development of projects and partnerships that support achievement of Hilton's Travel with Purpose 2030 Goals, with specific focus on the social impact goals.
More specifically, you will:
Team Member Engagement and Volunteering (40%) -
- Support the development and drive the implementation of the global Team Member volunteering program, including annual global volunteering campaign, trainings, communications, and data tracking.
- Operate as the key liaison and build positive working relationships with functional leads, regional CR teams and Travel with Purpose Champions.
- Manage the coordination of local volunteering events as needed.
- Manage the launch of pilots and specific activations under existing and new social impact partnerships with partner NGOs, regional Corporate Responsibility leads, and internal partners (hotel operations, support functions, brands), including, as relevant, event and budget management, partner guidance, best practice sharing and informing next steps for roll-out.
- Conduct destination-specific CR research and analysis.
- Support the implementation of Hilton's global human rights strategy across operations, supply chain and new hotel development, including developing and implementing training and guidance tools, and developing issue trackers and briefing materials.
- Support the development and tracking of Hilton's social impact metrics.
- Work with regional CR leads to analyze hotel social impact performance data collected from LightStay, Hilton's CR measurement platform.
- Track social impact stories from across the regions, in collaboration with the regional CR leads and communications teams.
- Manage the quarterly and annual reporting of social impact progress to inform internal and external partners of Hilton's progress towards its Travel with Purpose 2030 Goals.
- Assist with the completion of external report submissions specific to social impact and corporate governance reporting.
- Provide positive representation of the CR team and social impact work to internal/external audiences.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Deep understanding and experience of the inclusive growth agenda as well as Team Member engagement/volunteering program development and implementation
- Sound judgment and integrity with the ability to make independent decisions, demonstrate a high level of initiative and pursue proactive solutions to problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytic skills, including using Excel
- Ability to effectively communicate while employing diplomacy with partners, including high level executives, within the organization on a global scale, and to build positive partnerships with people from a variety of backgrounds, including others in the department and people in other departments and/or outside the company
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously with little supervision
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Three (3) years of experience within the CR field, international development, or nongovernmental organization
- Travel - up to 10%, including internationally
- Available/accessible during non-traditional hours if needed
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in Business, International Relations, International Development, International Law, Economics, or Sustainability
- Experience in managing local sourcing or inclusive growth programs across global markets
- Proficiency in business and human rights
- Work experience in a developing economy
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!