Your position will be Controller. You will report directly to the president of the company. In this position you are expected to work independently and collaboratively with principals, team members, employees and stakeholders. You will be responsible for the day-to-day office administration of our corporate office and maintaining all books and records for 20 companies. Your first few months will be spent gaining an understanding of our business practices, property performance, tenants, assets, and personnel. You will be expected to have a thorough understanding of the core competencies of our business within your first four months.
The Controller has a wide variety of duties related to the company, our tenants, and property personnel. You will be required to perform all of the following essential duties; this list is not an exhaustive list but includes several examples:
- Regularly code and enter invoices into software for payment
- Review entry of accounts payable and receivable for accuracy
- Prepare and enter journal entries to the general ledger
- Process check runs;Make and record deposits
- Process mortgage and contract payments according to schedule
- Perform and record bank transfers
- Perform complex credit card and bank account reconciliations
- Process payroll twice monthly in accordance with pre-set schedules
- Investigate and advise on a variety of matters related to property management;
- Coordinate with property managers and senior staff to report on budget variances and cashflows
- Participate in projects as directed by the president, within your scope
- You must have the ability to walk, sit, or stand for long periods and be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.