$160000.00 to $180000.00 yearly
Katie Weigel [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
) with Robert Half Finance and Accounting is recruiting to fill a Controller role for a large, complex company in Reno, Nevada. The role has responsibility over the payroll, accounts payable and general ledger functions and is ultimately responsible for a group of 25+ professionals and 4 direct reports. The Controller will be the lead contact on 3 audits, prepare financials for 13 entities (most of which are consolidated) and collaborate with many different groups including 3 separate finance functions. The person in this role reports to the VP Finance and has upward mobility to that role in a reasonable timeframe. To be considered for the role, candidates should be a CPA, have experience working for companies that are $500MM plus in managerial roles and have the technical skills and sophistication to work successfully in management in a large company in a senior leadership role in accounting. The company offers competitive benefits, a great compensation package and a strong culture of work life balance.
Annual Audited Financial Statements, Consolidated Financial Statements, Annual Financial Reporting, Financial Reporting.
- Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
- Attention to detail and proven ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
- Excellent technology, analytics and management experience required
- Proficiency in Annual Financial Reporting
- Annual Audited Financial Statements experience desired
- Financial reporting experience
- Consolidated Financial Statements experience required
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- The ideal candidate will be highly-skilled with exceptional analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Advanced credentials such as a Masters of Business Administration / MBA or Certified Public Accountant / CPA are preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
$160,000.00 - $180,000.00 /Year