PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Manager, Continuous Improvement is a high impact role responsible for designing and driving a continuous improvement program. The individual will contribute to the overall reduction of costs and improved patient outcomes by driving and directing a continuous improvement approach for Production processes. He/She will provide guidance, support and expertise to ensure the appropriate implementation of the program – providing training and education to the pertinent personnel as needed. He/She will cultivate partnerships with the appropriate management to ensure the required level of support to achieve program goals and objectives. He/She will ensure all initiatives and projects are conducted in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements, and according to company standards, policies and procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and foster a culture of continuous improvement by training and guiding site personnel on key CI principles, elements and content; develop/build site CI practitioner community
- Design and maintain an ideas generation process and work package management system for CI projects
- Manage work package management and Ideas Management
- Expedite work package creation from existing ideas list
- Lead the creation of effective continuous improvement meetings and other activities
- Preparation, leadership and support of site Core Team, Steering Committee for the CI program
- Maintain site KPIs and target documentation
- Identifies quantifiable metrics and benchmarks to measure and evaluate process improvement initiatives for general implementation and to ensure achievement of stated goals and objectives (such as cost savings over a period of time.) May develop a Scoreboard concept to measure the success of implemented process improvements.
- Continuously review and improve the KPI tree to support improvement of the business
- Provide stakeholders with the appropriate reports, updates and analyses regarding initiatives and process change program implementations
- Training /coaching on Structured Problem Solving, FMEA, and other OMS tools and techniques
- Mentoring for operational work package teams
- Continuous improvement of processes, problem solving as required, housekeeping, daily performance management and monitoring of efficiencies
- Responsible for managing and reporting the site’s MIPs projects
- May participate and contribute to the budget process as it pertains to CI projects including forecasting, reporting and actual-to-date monitoring.
- Manage work Package management system in order to support the realization of company goals and to help to orient the company culture towards continuous improvement.
- Support Shop Floor Management to continuously drive down decision making as close to the place of work as possible
- Collaborates with stakeholders to identify and define problems pertaining to inefficiencies and to eliminate waste within the division facilities and programs.
Supports the implementation and management of the Lean Six Sigma (LSS) program to transform department, area, and regional performance with respect to customer service, productivity, operations, and finance, providing support, advice and expertise. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with local management to identify and train LSS Team members for the pertinent LSS Team positions – Black Belt, Green Belt and Champions. May develop training programs specific to the particular project to ensure all LSS Team members are familiar with and able to fully utilize the LSS methods and tools within the specific project.
- Providing support and guidance, acting as a mentor and resource to the LSS team members throughout the division regarding project management and the application of Lean Six Sigma methodology and tools to ensure success of local/core functional area projects.
- Maintains current knowledge regarding best practices, identifying practices relevant to the services provided by the Division and communicating this knowledge to the pertinent team members and senior management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May be responsible for the direct supervision of continuous improvement/Industrial engineers.