The Configuration Management Release Manager reports up through the JLCCTC Configuration Manager and supports the Software Development Team for agile and integrated releases. The role entails being the central point of control and contact for software release efforts and would be responsible for coordination, time line and quality gating of delivery to production. Additionally, this position will be assigned other projects or tasks in alignment with the level and scope of the position.
- Responsible for determining the scope and schedule of releases and ensure there is visibility across all participants and stakeholders.
- Ensures release entry and exit gating criteria are met and scope is clearly defined and assessed by impacted business and technology teams.
- Develops/reviews/approves/monitors release milestones, plans release milestones, manages issues & risks, contributes to issue resolution, works to accomplish releases on schedule, and maintains control over the releases.
- Monitors the progress of releases and communicates on a regular basis to the stakeholders, executive leadership and overall release participants.
- Works with the Software Engineering team to meet milestones and deliverables.
- Develops/maintains strong relationships with the customer.
- Configuration Manages the system/software baseline.
- Manages and documents the versioning of releases and all Computer Software End Items (CSEIs) that comprise the releases.
- Manages the documentation and mapping of release versions for each deployment location.
- Prepares the release media used to deploy the system releases to multiple locations quarterly and annually.
- Participates in defect triage and work with project team/vendors to resolve prioritized defect fixes.
- Identify and manage project issues/risks to closure and provide proper visibility to stakeholders
- Work with product and project management counterparts to deliver broad-based, often complex, communication for internal and/or external audiences
- BS and 7 years in a technical role or equivalent
- Release, Configuration, Project or Technical Delivery Management experience is preferred
- Ability to work autonomously, solving complex problems in an ambiguous environment
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply trends to software development
- Strong Configuration Management background managing Configuration Items and multiple Software Baselines.
- Extensive breadth of experience delivering complex technical projects within budget and scope
- Ability to think critically and develop high quality project deliverables and ensure technology solution meets requirements
- Knowledge of the software development process, Agile, iterative and waterfall
- JIRA and Git
- MS Office Suite with extensive Project, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint Skills
- Ability to obtain or currently hold a DOD clearance
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.