Marketing Communications Manager
- Pay: $70,000-78,000/year
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
Responsible to lead, develop and manage the Marketing Communications team goals and actions to creatively generate and continuously improve marketing programs and materials within Marketing Department. Provide marketing guidance to educate agents on flood insurance issues, the full line of flood products. Through regular communications, create interest, motivate flood sales, and improve agent loyalty and engagement with Company. Internally, promote consistency and agent/consumer centric communications across teams.
* Associate in Science degree or equivalent
* Demonstrated Journalism and Business Writing Skills
* Ability to utilize online computer-based communication tools such as Go to Webinar, Camtasia Studio, SnagIt, Constant Contact, Salesforce, Nitro Pro, etc.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, background in WF proprietary policy processing system.
* Ability to learn all aspects of flood insurance both NFIP or Private flood insurance.
* Ability to rapidly learn and share Private Flood issues, competition and ongoing development of innovative private flood policies.
* 3-5 Years of Marketing/Public Relations experience
* Sales, Management and Customer Service experience
* Imitative, interpersonal skills, judgment, time management and professional discretion
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
- Have the ability to learn and demonstrate the complexities of flood insurance.
- Have the ability to learn the nuances of the history of flood and the newly emerging private flood offerings and their claims specifics
- Conceptualize the motivations of Congress, WYOs, agents and consumers related to flood risk and insurance
- Creatively communicate written, spoken, and visually across various marketing and social media channels
- Influence teammates, agents, policyholders and consumers about the need for flood insurance.
Maintain and improve existing Marketing team programs
- Responsible to direct, manage and evaluate marketing communication programs and resources to generate high readership, reliable communications channels and methods to improve the knowledge, actions and perspective of companies insurance agents.
Contribute communications support to Marketing team goals, initiatives and targets
- Actively participate in the overall marketing of NFIP, Excess and Private Flood products through the generation of management strategies and resources including action plans, marketing presentations, executive speeches and presentations, marketing materials, and industry event materials and advertising.
- Collaborate in targeted product marketing, agency relationship building, and corporate reputation building.
- Focus on launching private flood products and development of The Flood Insurance Marketplace.
- Lead press/media relations under the direction of President, directing and utilizing resources. Act as Company spokesperson and Media Contact as necessary. Assure strict adherence to the approval protocols for press and external media
- Focus on NFIP Re-authorization emphasizing company's role to advocate for flood reforms to our agent base.
- Collaborate with the Agent training, OPS and Private Flood teams to assure consistency in communications and maintenance of marketing materials and resources.
Supervise, train and mentor the Flood Communication Specialist (Exempt) position within the Marketing Communications Dept.
- Assign, direct, guide, suggest improvements and approve the daily ongoing marketing program activities generated and performed by the Flood Communications Specialist.
Facilitate and administer Communications contract with marketing agency
- Under direction of President: Manage contractual goals of marketing agency with attention to costs and benefits: set priorities, identify projects and control approvals and creative services and coordinate marketing agency collaboration with company.
- Provide focus to marketing agency to meet their overall goals to build, refocus and strengthen the company brand, improve company reputation, supply creative materials, manage press relations, launch new products and educate consumers about flood insurance issues.
Support marketing administration
- Assist Flood Marketing with support to Marketing phone queue, analysis of escalated problems, and be a liaison to Flood Processing Center.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.