Clinical Sourcing Manager for a contract opportunity with Yoh's client located in South San Francisco, CA.
The Big Picture - Top Skills You Should Possess:
- Account Management
- Change Management
- Contract Development
- Change Orders
- Contract Management
- Understands Drug Development Process
- Clinical Development Contract Management
You'll Be Doing:
- Evaluates functional or clinical/project sourcing specific needs and how they can impact the current sourcing strategy(ies).
- Defines project- or function- specific sourcing strategies with input from project team members or functional representatives, as appropriate.
- Leads the sourcing and contracting process, between the functions or teams and potential vendors.
- Serves as primary contact to the PD teams or functions for the sourcing of their activities.
- Provide outsourcing services in support of Project Teams and functional groups, to include the Request for Proposal (RFP) process, service provider identification, selection, bid presentation, bid analysis, contract development, change orders and issue management.
- Leads and conducts negotiations with vendors.
- Measures performance of vendors with respect to quality of work, cost, timelines and other related parameters. Implements the procurement strategy and policies within teams and functions.
- Ensures appropriate risk evaluation and mitigation while meeting business needs.
- Facilitates sourcing and contracting issue escalation and resolution.
- Guide project teams in identification and resolution of outsourcing issues. Serves as primary contact to teams for financial questions related to PVC management.
- Identify training needs related to service provider management and outsourcing process, including how to work most effectively with outsourcing service providers.
- Receive knowledge from Alliance/Key Account Management on service provider services and capabilities and industry trends, and feedback to them.
- Participate in process improvement or other projects that enhance and streamline outsourcing and contracting processes, systems, tools and other resources Supports teams on sourcing and contracting on a daily basis.
- Creates contracts, master agreements, work orders, change orders, budgets, payment schedules, etc.
- Negotiates savings Delivers trainings to teams or functions on sourcing and contracting processes.
- Supports teams on PVC Management on a daily basis Delivers trainings to teams on PVC management processes.
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Ability to effectively negotiate business terms and financial costs.
- High degree of customer focus for both internal and external customers and proven ability to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships.
- Considerable understanding of drug development process.
- Considerable and demonstrated business acumen desirable Study / project management within the pharmaceutical or CRO sector.
- Ability to work internationally and with multi-cultural teams.
- Thorough understanding of Clinical Development Contract management
- Project and functional outsourcing management.
- Ideally, partnership management
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal.
- Effective management of cross-functional teams and demonstrated ability to work within a matrix.
- Ability to work within a change management culture.
- Ability to facilitate conflict resolution.
- Ability to successfully function in a fast-paced environment