*ACTIVE TS/SCI CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED.*
This person will essentially be instrumental in the deployment of systems and development of software for air force analysts to move imagery at high speeds.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Duties include development of new software and integration of existing open-source and commercial software for the provisioning, monitoring and management of distributed high performance storage and processing cloud
- Development and integration tasks will span from low-level integration with operating system and application features using C, Python, Ruby, BASH to desktop level monitoring and management tools written in Java
- Support system deployments at customer locations. Install and configure software
- Integrate with enterprise services (such as authentication, NTP, DNS, HBSS, …) and other external systems.
- Support system testing
Skills & Qualifications:
- BS with 8+ years' experience
- 2+ years of experience with basic Linux operating system administration (CentOS/RHEL preferred)
- 2+ years of current Java 1.7/1.8 experience with a depth and breadth of knowledge to include experience with concurrency, generics, functional interfaces, lamdas, and I/O subsystems
- 2+ years of current Java EE 6 or Java EE 7 knowledge with hands on experience deploying to JBoss/Wildfly containers. Depth and breadth of knowledge to include correct use of annotations for CDI, EJB, JPA, JMS
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Polyglot programming and scripting skills comprising of at least two of Java/Groovy, Python, Ruby, Bash with prior experience utilizing these for system and task automation.
- Fundamental software engineering life-cycle experience. Analysis, design, development, debugging, deployment, automated testing
- Experience creating and converting applications into containers
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker and Helm charts
- Experience with Puppet or Chef, Ansible , Jenkins, Nexus, Git, Maven, Junit, Arquillian
- Experience with any parallel file system Gluster, Luster, Ceph or GPFS
- Security+ or comparable DoD8570 certification
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.