The Civil Engineering Practice Lead will work directly with firm management team to secure clients and projects benefiting the whole firm while managing a strong and self-sustaining group. Develop and implement an innovative business strategy, identify and lead key strategic pursuits, manage projects, mentor project managers and junior staff, and establish strategic relationships with clients and teaming partners. Our focus on good client service requires excellent skills in communication, project management, and staff supervision.
• Actively lead and participate in project delivery to create an exemplary client experience.
• Manage the group workload including load leveling and scheduling.
• Grow the group through recruitment of new, and retention of current, staff and help grow staff in their career goals.
• Maintain a strong group financial performance, establish and meet realistic revenue goals for a growing civil engineering practice.
• Collaborate with firm project teams and senior managers on project pursuits and execution.
• Participate in strategic business planning.
• Leverage our existing client base and develop new client relationships.
• Assess new business opportunities, identify pursuits, prepare proposals.
• Represent firm in meetings and at marketing functions.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Engineering degree from an ABET-accredited university.
• Professional Engineer Registrations in OR and WA.
• Minimum 15 years' Civil Engineering experience, 20 is preferred.
• Demonstrated technical capabilities in one or more of site development, transportation, and water/wastewater projects to augment the Civil Group’s skill set and provide excellent quality control and assurance of its work products.
• Knowledge and experience, preferably an established client base, in the local/regional PNW civil engineering market.
• Staff management skills suitable for supervising, mentoring, and directing civil engineers and designers.
• Ability to work remotely based on business operations and the needs of the firm
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.