The Citrix Systems Administrator is responsible for all the technical architecture, the necessary planning, design, installation, and management of the software . You will be part of a dynamic, rapidly growing team delivering and supporting technology infrastructure to meet the substantial growth needs of the business. In this role, you will collaborate with the Systems, Network, Database and Storage Engineering teams in delivering innovative solutions in an agile, and dynamic environment.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation, management, effectiveness and efficiency of a large scale Citrix and virtualization platform, delivering 100% uptime to our environments.
- Provide operational support including systems monitoring, problem diagnostics, troubleshooting, resolution, escalation and analysis.
- Work in conjunction with the DevOps, Windows, Storage and Network teams in the planning, and design of all Citrix based environments.
- Participate in after-hours support on-call rotation and disaster recovery efforts.
- Adheres to Safeguard’s core values
- Customer Service = Resolution
- Team Work
- Technical Skills
- Decision Making
- Job Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study or 5+ years of equivalent work experience preferred.
- Certification in one or more of the following is highly desirable: Microsoft (MCSA, MCSE, MCITP), Citrix (CCA, CCP, CCE), Cisco Unified Computing.
- Three or more years in-depth experience with Citrix products, especially XenApp 7x.
- Experience with Citrix App Layering, Citrix StoreFront, Citrix Workspace Environment Management.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the following technologies: Microsoft Windows client and server Operating Systems, Active Directory, Group Policies, Citrix Profile Management, Citrix NetScalar.
• Proven track record of successfully engineering/launching projects involving technologies listed above for a large, multi-datacenter enterprise.
• Operations experience designing, deploying, and supporting Citrix solutions for a large, multi-datacenter enterprise.
• Capable of working effectively as part of a diverse, cross-functional IT operations team.
• Must be a self-starter and work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Must be customer-oriented and recognize the importance of customer service and meeting service level commitments.