Job Title: IT related PSM Manager
This position will be responsible for primarily supporting the Global IT organization but will also be responsible for supporting Research and Development as needed. This individual will need to be able to develop and execute category strategies, drive complex negotiations, manage supplier relationships and support key stakeholders to improve service levels and reduce total costs.
Key responsibilities include:
* Optimize supplier relationships while maximizing value and ensuring uninterrupted product/service flow in contract management.
* Develop project plans and manage projects to implement short and long-term sourcing strategies for IT categories.
* Directly responsible for development of supplier relations and management of individuals and programs to affect total cost efficiencies.
* Responsible for creating innovative techniques in optimizing cost.
* Lead supplier selection process and negotiate global contracts. Develop actionable recommendations based on a clear definition and articulation of options and tradeoffs; develops action plans that anticipate implementation problems and leverages internal and supplier capabilities while building full commitment throughout the process.
* Develop and manage working relationships with both internal Baxter functions and suppliers to manage resolution of supplier issues.
* Utilizes a network of benchmarking peers to drive for Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP).
Minimum of a completed High School Diploma or GED with 5-10+ years of recent IT purchasing, procurement, contract & supplier management experience.
Bachelor's Degree in Business with 3-5 years of recent IT purchasing, procurement, contract & supplier management experience, preferred.
3. Ability to think strategically and globally
4. Experience presenting to and working with senior management required
5. Excellent project management, facilitation, interpersonal and negotiation skills
6. Financial acumen; high degree of ethics
7. Ability to build strategic supplier and stakeholder relationships
8. Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment
9. Contract Analysis/Legal Experience desirable
10. Software skills: Microsoft Word, Excel (pivot tables, V-lookups, Macros, reporting), PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint, Outlook, etc.
No travel for this role
Interview Platform: phone (possibly multiple phone interviews) following by onsite interview (panel style). Subject to change.