Candidates can work out of Rancho Cucamonga/ Burbank, CA location.
Business Process Consultant - Sox & Internal Controls MSSA
Membership Sales Service Administration (MSSA), Sox and Internal Controls Department, is seeking a Business Process Consultant - Sarbanes Oxley.
The MSSA Internal Controls and Sox Team is charged with ensuring compliance with the requirements of Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 ('SOX') and ensuring efficient and effective internal control processes throughout the Health Plan Administration and Operation functions. This position supports the MSSA Membership Administration Controller and the Sr. Manager of Internal Controls with setting MSSA policy and standards, project planning, reporting, and monitoring.
Manage the MSSA SOX compliance efforts, including, but not limited to, the following:
* Support the design of the current control environment. This will entail supporting interim and roll forward SOX testing, partnering with the Business to remediate identified issues and engaging with the Business to ensure any changes to the design are appropriately updated within the policies and / or the narrative.
* Provide assistance to Region's for remediation of operational deficiencies when necessary
* Perform annual segregation of duties assessment.
* Support year end control certification and evaluation process
* Lead scoping and assessment work for system implementations to potential impacts to Business Controls. If there are impacts to the Business that cause financial statement risk, execute according to appropriate National Policies to ensure the appropriate testing is performed on Business controls and approvals are obtained.
* Provide support in controls scoping and assessment work for implementation of new Membership Administration Billing system
* Implement identified process improvements.
* Support remediation efforts for operational issues identified by Internal Audit Services
* Assist in preparation of Leadership updates, ad - hoc analysis.
* Maintain relationships with SOX PMO, Regional SOX Teams, Business Process and Owners, Internal Audit and Compliance
Basic/ Must to Have Qualifications:
* Minimum of 5 years of experience.
* Public Accounting or equivalent experience
* Strong excel and powerpoint skills
* Strong analytical skill
* Effective communication both written and oral
* Able to handle complexity and changing dynamics
Preferred/ Good to Have Qualifications:
* MBA, CPA, CIA, or CISA
* Previous Health Care experience