Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is advancing the way people live and work. Innovation is core to our DNA, and we’re innovating to help enterprises redefine experiences and drive smarter, hyper-efficient operations.
We bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Global Procurement (GP) is an innovative organization that is at the forefront of its industry helping to fuel HPE's growth. Each Year, HPE spends about $4 Billion globally on various products & services that enable us to accelerate business results. Leveraging HPE’s collective buying power, GP optimizes HPE’s spend in order to deliver the best quality and value to the business. We manage spend around the world that includes technology (such as hardware, software, and telecommunications), marketing, consulting, professional services, real estate and travel.
Business Operations Manager focused on supporting the Global Procurement leadership team and organization in the key areas of program/project management. This individual takes a leadership role within Global Procurement as a Business Operations Manager. This individual will lead a broad range of program and projects on behalf of his/her team both internally and with the greater organization in order to drive overall operational excellence. Primarily, this individual will be responsible for leading strategic initiatives for the organization. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with a Business Operations Management network, key business partners in Finance, HR, Operations, senior level management, and all GP team members. Partners with stakeholders to identify/implement opportunities for business process improvement to effectively manage costs, integrate new and existing businesses, and adapt to changes in the business and regulatory environment.
- Strategically drives a broad range of complex processes
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement, develops recommendations, and converts recommendations into compelling new business plans.
- Develops clear, succinct and completing content for executive-level analytical presentations and communications
- Defines and drives structure to meetings and interactions. Operationalizes decision ensuring follow-up on unresolved discussions and actions.
- Assists the leadership team in bringing in outside, best in class industry benchmarks and landscape to develop long term strategic planning priorities and initiatives
- Provides strategic advice to clarify, plan and monitor the key priorities, business outcomes and initiatives of the organization
- Handles complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, mixes long term projects with the urgency of immediate demands
- Partners with the Category Directors, Operations and other key stakeholders within the company to drive business outcomes and collaborate on priorities
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis to support procurement activities and priority projects. This includes procurement data such as spend, savings, supplier information, transactions, etc. (Partners with GP Finance and OLAA Analytics team as appropriate)
- Reports and tracks performance metrics on a regular basis, identifying opportunities for improvement and driving actions to address where needed.
- Works with and manages cross-functional project teams
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience
- Typically 10+ years of experience in project management. Procurement / Supply Chain function a plus
- Track record of driving strong business outcomes, program management, and strong execution skills highly desired
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, passion, and a positive, can-do attitude
- Balances strategic thinking with tactical action to drive results; organized, structured approach to execution
- Demonstrates a vocal and confident style; readily voices thoughts and opinions and presents ideas with conviction and courage
- Has strong business acumen and analytic/ strategic planning capability
- Exceptional communication skills
- Resilient with a high level of personal integrity and energy
- Change Management: Develops methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization.
- Problem Solving: Approaches problems in a rational manner using sound strategies that ensures comprehensive understanding and effective resolution.
- Leadership: Able to lead effectively in a complex environment, and deliver results; Able to influence without direct authority; Able to balance between competing priorities and be flexible and creative; Able to create and build highly effective teams; Able to communicate effectively across multiple levels in the company and the industry.
- Ability to quickly build trust with others. Must exhibit the skills to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others and the capability to interact with senior leaders of the company.
- Excellent internal and external relationship management skills
- Advanced in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Strong project management skills with capability to manage cross functional teams in multiple geographies
- Mastery of the English language
Join us and make your mark!
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
Job:Supply Chain & Operations
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.