Our client is a large national law firm with offices on both the east and west coasts. The firm is currently seeking a Marketing & Business Development Manager to join their growing team in this newly created role.
This position requires a self-starter who is client-focused and service-oriented. As part of a growing and entrepreneurial firm, the MBD Manager must be a strategic and proactive leader who can collaborate with attorneys, MBD Team members and other professional staff to develop and execute on marketing and business plans.
If you are still interested at this point please review the below list of responsibilities and essential duties. If you feel your skill set and experience translates well we would appreciate you applying so we can connect and speak in greater detail.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the firm's practices, lawyers and client base.
- Initiate and support client relationship building activities and other activities that will help the firm to institutionalize its client base and grow top line revenue.
- Work with partners to develop and implement business development plans and network expanding activities.
- Prepare materials for RFPs and pitches and track of follow-up and outcomes.
- Conduct research and related competitive intelligence activities for key clients, prospects, associations, and industries, and monitor the marketing and business development strategies and related activities of key competitors.
- Assist with lateral partner and associate on-boarding and integration.
- Develop and manage marketing and business development budgets for each practice, consistent with the goals and objectives of each practice's marketing plans.
- Research and identify sponsorship opportunities, and negotiate contracts, speaking slots and other related benefits. Maintain relationships with key organizations.
- Work with practices to develop and execute on thought leadership, including planned campaigns, client alerts, etc.
- Identify and prioritize key organizations and events in which the practice/partners will participate.
- Identify and manage review and submission of data for all relevant surveys and rankings, as well as review and analyze published results for practice leaders.
- Work with our PR partner to develop and implement public relations strategies that further the group's goal for positive media exposure and visibility.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a marketing, business development or practice management role, ideally in a law firm or the professional services industry.
- Strong project management and process implementation skills.
- Strong people management skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work with a wide variety of people and projects in a collective and collaborative manner.
- Travel is required.
- Minimum BA, BS or degree equivalent.