I am looking for a Business Development Manager for their Design Studio. This person will be responsible for being the 'Quarterback' of the studio and the the 4 person team that they will be over-seeing. The purpose of the of this person is to design, verify, and produce bespoke textures for any type of surface for their customers. The customer base is mainly automotive, but is available for any type of customer in any type of industry that requires surfacing consulting. It will be this person's main responsibility to partner with and consult design houses, design studios, OEM trim shops, and other creative design companies to incorporate their surface texturing onto their customer's product. This is a terrific opportunity for someone to sell and take control of a sales team for a rapidly growing business unit in which the work is unique, ground-breaking, and new every single day. This position is best suited for an individual that knows how to sell to different audiences, can read rooms extremely well, and will be more of a partner to their customers rather than someone who is obsessed with driving sales and running up a number.
This position will require a great deal of consultant skills, professional business relationship building, sales abilities and tenacity, along with overall leadership and ability motivate other individuals on the team. It will also require a strong ability to organizing and scheduling project timelines, plan new projects with customers, as well as tracking and reporting on project progress for customers as well as the internal team. This person will have the opportunity to manage the business portfolio for USA, Canada, and Mexico.
DISCLIAMER: Aerotek partners with our clients to validate and verify our customers requirements for the postions we are recruiting for. In this case, our client is looking for a candidate with the following minimum requirements:
- Business to Business Sales 5-10 years
- An eye for creativity/design (experience selling to design houses, creative desgn studios, interior design studios, OEM trim shops, or any other creative company/industy).
- Experience managing 2 (or more) direct reports. (Direct reports are in a sales capacity).
- Someone who is very passionate about the work they do and has great energy to motivate others.
- Comforable with travel (local via automobile, out of state via automobile/flight, out of country via flight).
Day to day functions/ Job Duties:
1. Actively visit customers / prospective customers:
A. Selling to expand the sales and opportunities of the company in the market.
B. Job line-up information for use by production, to ensure jobs are properly executed.
C. Provide technical advice / assistance, and problem solving expertise.
D. Sales Presentations on the evolution and developments.
E. Provide Technical / Educational sessions to help educate customers.
F. Negotiation - dollarizing the value of the offering (For customers in Canada and Mexico) to secure the work.
G. Build strong 'relationships' with customers, especially at key accounts.
H. Cold calling and prospecting for new opportunities / customers.
2. Plan an effective itinerary - planning, scheduling, and reporting.
3. Project organization, prioritization, and tracking.
4. Reporting on activities as required.
5. Quote jobs, ensuring profitability on a per job basis, and selling the 'best option'.
6. Self-education - gain knowledge / information / market trends.
7. Continually gain knowledge of customer base and overall understanding of various markets.
8. Plan, and participate at Trade shows, as applicable and as required.
9. Follow-up on commitments / quotes / problems / specific jobs and promised tasks.
10. Communications internally to the team and G-KAM's / L-KAM's, as required.
11. Bring together the team to work efficiently, meeting targets.
12. Manage activities and reporting via CRM to ensure proper communication and consistency.
13. Working with the VP of Sales to push the RTP+ agenda in North America.
14. Other activities as required to ensure the success of our customers.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.