Innovators with Insight
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. The insights of our innovators today will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham plc products and services have been at the heart of sophisticated military and civil systems for more than 75 years, keeping people safe, improving communications, and enhancing the capability of land, sea, air and space platforms. The Company has four divisions employing more than 12,000 people on five continents, with customers and partners in more than 100 countries and annual revenue of some £1.9bn /US$3 billion+.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions Inc. is actively seeking a Business Development Lead within its IES Microwave Solutions Business Unit. This role requires a highly motivated and highly effective individual to drive new business.
Reporting directly to the Microwave Solutions BD Director, this role will be responsible to create, identify, qualify, pursue and win new business opportunities related to Cobham’s Microwave Solutions products and capabilities. Candidate should be comfortable conversing in the key areas of this technology domain for Radar, EW and other related markets with a particular emphasis on airborne, shipboard and space applications.
In this role, key responsibilities will be:
- Owning and driving all aspects of the BD/Sales pipeline from opportunity creation/identification to opportunity closure.
- Identifying, developing and executing pursuit strategies and capture plans for new business opportunities.
- Understanding market dynamics and the competitive environment to ensure product delivery strategies are positioned to maximize value for our customers as well as internal financial goals.
- Owning sales order forecasting, response and follow-up to request for quotes, opportunity pipeline and status. Responsible as the single point of ownership for your opportunities.
- Driving the business case for opportunities and briefing pursue/no pursue and bid/no bid recommendations to senior management.
- Leading customer engagements related to new business opportunities.
- Evaluating funding sources, competitive environment assessment, value propositions, win strategy, technology applicability, market dynamics, price-to win-analyses and determination of win probability.
- Understanding and translating customer operational needs to requirements and actions that can be addressed by the Cobham internal team.
- Driving Business Development processes and effectively communicating to senior internal and external customers.
- Contributing to internal business strategy development including market analysis, product and technology roadmaps and other marketing tasks.
- Identifying and influencing product and technology requirements for current and future product developments.
Key Measures & Milestones:
- Orders funding targets and timing, pipeline growth, customer relationships