The Brand Manager will own the Core product platforms, drive the development and execution of consumer marketing campaigns and ensure that we have adherence to our brand guidelines.
This role requires a balance of business management, data analysis and marketing acumen.
You will be one of the cornerstones of our CPG Growth Strategy by owning the day-today business management, strategic planning, brand development, portfolio and project management for our products. You will partner with the VP of Marketing to drive brand development efforts and marketing strategies while being the key leader and project manager of all your platforms/projects.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
* Key owner and project management lead for all CPG projects and programs, responsible for taking them from ideation through commercialization.
* Works cross-functionally with multiple departments for program development and execution.
* Makes recommendations regarding product objectives and strategy, positioning, pricing, packaging and product lifecycle.
* Owns marketing forecasting and managing inventories related to marketing activities.
* Assists in the development of the annual operating and strategic marketing plans and budget.
* Develops strategic assessments, including SWOT analyses, for products and programs.
* Owns day-to-day and ad hoc business analysis needs for CPG platforms.
* Applies consumer insights and market research to gain understanding of consumer, customer, competitive environment and channel needs for the product or category.
* Partners closely with Sales to gain a deeper understanding of the customer and how to best deploy marketing strategies that enhance our trade programs.
* Manages relationships with key vendors (agency, design, etc.) for brand and marketing plans.
Strategic Planning and Execution:
* Develops and recommends strategic direction of brand to senior management.
* Brand champion to ensure consistency of message across all vendors and marketing platforms.
* Plans and manages business unit and department processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned across all cross-functional teams.
Product Development and Innovation:
* Partners with VP of Marketing and Innovation Manager to ensure all new products are in line with the brand positioning, marketing strategy and have supporting plans for launch.
* Assists in defining innovation strategy reflecting competitive analysis and market needs/trends.
* Own the close-in innovation (line extensions) for Core platforms, evaluating and recommending options for brand and/or product expansion based on industry trends and channel analytics.
Branding and Positioning:
* Work closely with Marketing team on all consumer insights and research to gain deep understanding of our consumer and brand.
* Owns packaging and artwork development to ensure that all creative adheres to brand guidelines and brand standards.
* Builds strong relationships within marketing vendors to ensure marketing message consistency and adherence to brand guidelines.