The Associate IT Manager is accountable for communicating, planning and providing leadership to their assigned team. Provides day-to-day tactical execution and operational implementation of plans as directed and overseen by IT senior leadership. Associate IT Managers provide direction to project and functional resources within and outside their reporting structure, gather, support and develop the resources needed to execute the plan, champion the tactical direction of work and remove barriers within their sphere of influence. The Associate IT Manager is accountable for performance management and salary administration for their team as well as assisting with career development planning, coaching, training and team-building.
Required Work Experience
- 2+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education. Experience Details: Informal leadership experience in a Project Management or Senior-level position and strong, demonstrated leadership abilities or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education.
- Required Management Experience: 2+ years direct supervisory/management experience
- Required Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience IT Related field
- Adept at communication, consensus building, presentation and facilitation
- Understanding of relevant business processes being supported
- Leadership skills demonstrated through project or technical leadership experience including effective knowledge sharing, conflict resolution facilitation of open discussions, fairness and displaying appropriate levels of assertiveness.
- Ability to understand overall IT strategy and apply/implement IT strategy in assigned projects/initiatives
- Ability to communicate highly complex technical information clearly and articulately at all levels and audiences
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
- Application development experience is must
- Experience managing developers, Architects, Business system analysts and QA teams
- Experience of managing Data
- Health care experience is plus
- Experience using Agile methodology
- Specific tools, languages and specialty skills may vary
- High level knowledge about distributed technologies and Big data technologies is plus