Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives every day. Allergan is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition. Where you can build bridges all over the world. Where you can power ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and drive results for customers and patients. Power your future & join our bold team. Position Overview Reports to the Creative Director of the Copy Department. Directs a group of copywriters assigned specific brands, as they, with their counterparts in art, prepare promotional communications for the brands to which they are assigned consistent with the Agency’s mission, vision and values. Responsible for the copy output of the group, for the professional growth of the copywriters, for reviewing their performance, and for the timely delivery of the finished product.
- Reports to the CD/Copy. Is responsible for the copy output of the group of brands he/she heads. Assigns brands to direct reports (copywriters) and reviews and assesses their performance. Supervises direct reports as they develop sound, original, creative solutions to a wide range of brand problems as they develop and maintain each brand’s competitive image. Reviews their work during its creation and before it is dispatched to the client, from concept through production. Manages copy group’s workload to maximize efficiency, thus assuring completion of work on time and on budget.
- Continually strives to inspire and elevate the level of creative ability of all copy personnel within his/her group consistent with the desire for growth and excellence implicit in the Agency’s vision, mission and values. Sustains an ongoing effort to keep up-to-date on current developments in communications as they apply to the copy/creative department. Helps guide the professional and creative development and growth of copywriters through evaluation of creative standards by example and counsel. Works collaboratively and constructively with ACD/Art counterparts to the benefit of the brands for which they are responsible.
- Is responsible for being current and conversant with their brands and the competition, and requires the same of their direct reports. Is capable of leading, as well as participating in, a Brand Blueprint Session. Is expected to effectively present creative work both internally and externally.
- Participates in, and contributes to, shaping brand positioning and strategy with all other members of the brand teams within his/her group.
- Is a key member of the agency new business team as required.
- Combined 4 to 6 years creative/supervisory copy experience, preferably in healthcare communications
- Creative experience within the classic full-service healthcare agency environment
- Four-year college education, with a focus on English/comparative literature, etc, preferably some course work in the communication arts