Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
As part of a broader Virtual Assistant Strategy, Allstate Brand Operations (ABO) is developing a Virtual Assistant to support our Agency and Staff workforce. ABO plans to expand the strategy to incorporate additional knowledge, capabilities and user stories in support of our Operations goals. The Product Owner is responsible for defining, delivering, and managing the lifecycle and will be empowered to take decisions on backlog items for planning and delivery.
The Product Owner is responsible for contributing towards defining, delivering, and managing the lifecycle of one or more products in Allstate Brand Operation’s growing product portfolio. The Product Owner assists with establishing strategic product vision, product discovery, roadmaps, and backlog to maximize the customer and enterprise value provided by their product. Successful Product Owners help to identify assumptions and validate those assumptions through the use of product discovery techniques. The Product Owner is responsible for working closely with key stakeholders and partners, ensuring the successful definition and execution of go-to market strategies for their product.
- Contribute towards creating the product strategy for the Virtual Assistant
- Use customer feedback, detailed market analysis, and data gathering to provide recommendations on decisions about product strategy.
- Define and manage metrics to measure the success of your efforts and to inform the overall product strategy.
- Represent the “voice of the customer”; invest significant time with current and potential customers to understand their needs and habits.
- Engage in discovery/test & learn activities to quickly validate assumptions and product direction.
- Provide input on decomposing complex problems into smaller manageable tasks by creating and prioritizing a backlog for the Product Team.
- Assist with managing the product backlog, contribute towards creating an effective vision and provide timely stakeholder feedback on development iterations.
- Ensure the successful execution of development standards to ensure tight feedback loops and clear product definition.
- Builds long-term relationships within team by creating an environment of safety and innovation
- Creates an environment of accountability amongst themselves and direct reports
- Executes HR-related processes and develops staff through coaching and mentoring and providing specific, timely, open, honest, and constructive performance feedback.
- Leads employees through change by using one’s self as an example.
General Management & Decision Making
- Executes team strategy so as to develop and deliver innovative solutions and systems in support of Enterprise goals. Communicates strategy to the team so they understand their role in achieving the established goals.
- Manages day to day work of employees by monitoring budgets, expenses and scope and facilitating project delivery and support for projects of critical importance.
- Makes decisions that are largely operational in nature, implementing policies and processes within the team. Makes decisions that may have an impact on quality or effectiveness of business activities at the team level.
- Generates and implements continuous improvement ideas.
- Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and contributes to Allstate business and functional strategy.
Business Partner Management
- Influences direct reports, clients and service providers to successfully deliver on business commitments
- Sets and manages internal business partner expectations
- Participates in communications that involve obtaining cooperation on issues that may be complex or controversial.
- 3-5 years relevant new product or technology development experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action, preferably with experience shipping software.
- Experience operating in an environment driven by KPIs where you had the accountability to determine the best course of action to meet your goals
- Ability to contribute towards data-driven decision making on complex and innovative concepts
- Ability to proactively anticipate problems and seek opportunities
- Understanding of and experience working in a development environment
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, marketing or related business degree
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click 'here' for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click 'here' for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.