n Assistant General Manager is responsible for assisting the General Manager in managing daily hotel operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Enjoy the best of historic Old Town Sacramento and the modernity of downtown. The centrally-located Embassy Suites Sacramento-Riverfront Promenade hotel provides a comfortable all-suites experience. Stroll along the Riverfront Promenade and walk to the iconic Tower Bridge. Enjoy the plethora of shows featured at the Golden 1 Center, located within walking distance of our hotel. Business guests gather at the nearby Sacramento Convention Center or visit the California State Capitol.
Host a meeting in one of our spacious conference rooms, and let our staff take care of planning and catering. Rent A/V equipment to assist with presentations, and stay connected with WiFi. Enjoy over 8,000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space to accommodate your business and social catering needs. Hosting your next event at the Embassy Suites Sacramento is like hosting in a museum itself. The hotel showcases a collection of works by local artists depicting Old Sacramento, the Capitol, and life on the river.
Each two-room suite features separate living and sleeping areas, a sofa bed, an armchair and a microwave. Wake up to a free cooked-to-order breakfast. Unwind at the Evening Reception* serving complimentary drinks and canapés. Dine in the understated, elegant Tower Bridge Bistro while you enjoy New California-Tuscan cuisine alongside tranquil views of the Sacramento River. Work out at the fitness center, enjoy a swim at the heated indoor pool or unwind in the whirlpool.
- Sacramento hotel packages for business or vacation
- Along the Sacramento River, next to Tower Bridge, across from Old Town Sacramento
- Complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and Evening Reception*
- Spacious two-room suites, fitness center and indoor pool
- Riverview and outdoor dining at Tower Bridge Bistro and Bar
- 8,000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space
What will I be doing?
As the Assistant General Manager, you would be responsible for assisting the General Manager in managing daily hotel operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist in leading, directing and managing all hotel operations including, but not limited to, hotel budgeting and forecasting, strategic planning, managing balanced scorecard performance, implementing and complying with all company policies and brand standards, overseeing sales and marketing initiatives, responding to guests inquiries and resolving concerns, and meeting participation and facilitation
- Serve as multi-department head for Operations, Front Office and Property Operation
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, supervising, training, assessing and evaluating, coaching and counseling and recognizing and rewarding department heads
- Oversee service quality, operational efficiency, guest satisfaction, standards compliance and service and financial measurement
- Assist in identifying operational performance, productivity and efficiency gaps and implementing measures to correct those deficiencies
- Ensure guest and team member satisfaction
- Serve and act as General Manager in his or her absence
What are we looking for?
- 3 years of full service hotel leadership experience as an AGM or Hotel Manager or equivalent
- Ability to partner with savvy ownership
- Excellent communication skills, public speaking, written and oral, with the ability to customize the message to the audience (guest, team member, owner, and other stakeholders)
- Hilton Brand experience
- Local Market expertise
Since being founded in 1919, HiltonWorldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, HiltonWorldwide remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continuedleadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision,Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
HHospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
IIntegrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
LLeadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
TTeamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
OOwnership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
NNow - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for thedemonstration of the following key attributes in our Team Members:
- Living the Values
- Customer Focus
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and, depending uponeligibility, a vacation or Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit. You will instantly haveaccess to our unique benefits such as the Team Member and Family TravelProgram, which provides reduced hotel room rates at many of our hotels for youand your family, plus discounts on products and services offered by HiltonWorldwide and its partners. After 90 days you may enroll in Hilton Worldwide'sHealth & Welfare benefit plans, depending on eligibility. Hilton Worldwidealso offers eligible team members a 401K Savings Plan, as well as EmployeeAssistance and Educational Assistance Programs. We look forward to reviewingwith you the specific benefits you would receive as a Hilton Worldwide TeamMember. The above information is provided as a highlight of the major benefitsoffered to most full-time team members in the United States. All benefitslisted may not be offered at all locations. This is not a summary plandescription or official plan document.