An Assistant Director of Human Resources is responsible for assisting the Director in the direction and administration of the Human Resources Labor Relations function in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As an Assistant Director of Human Resources, you would be responsible for assisting the Director in the direction and administration of the Human Resources Labor Relations function in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist in overseeing, administering and communicating pertinent information regarding all Labor Relations functions to include, but not limited to, compensation administration, compliance with statutory requirements and the execution of the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Develop and implement Labor Relations strategy for the hotel and participate in area strategic sessions, if applicable
- Manage Labor Relations functions to include, but not limited to, negotiating agreements, settlements, grievances, mediations, arbitrations, EEOC charges and local and state employment claims
- Provide assistance, guidance and counsel to the General Manager, Director of Human Resources, Director of Labor Relations, management and team members
- Assist in the development, implementation, administration and fair and consistent application of policies and programs related to the management of all team members
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws, regulations, guidelines and court rulings and review current management practices, implement new procedures and communicate new requirements
- Control the administration of wages to ensure accurate and equitable application
- Develop and conduct Labor Training, as needed
- Assist in the management of the Human Resources office to include, but not limited to, recruiting, training and development, team member relations, performance evaluations, workers compensation and safety, employment processes and general leadership guidance and support
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!