Hilton Waikoloa Village is looking to add a key member to their front office senior leadership team! An Assistant Director of Front Office is responsible for assisting the Director in administration and management all Front Office Operations to insure profitability, control costs and quality standards to ensure total guest satisfaction.
This position reports to the Director of Front Office Operations and is responsible for overseeing 25 front office team members and 4 front office managers on a day to day basis.
What will I be doing?
An Assistant Director of Front Office is responsible for assisting the Director in administration and management all Front Office Operations to insure profitability, control costs and quality standards to insure total guest satisfaction. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff. Observes performance and encourages improvement. Interviews, selects, trains, supervises, evaluates, counsels, and administers disciplinary procedures for front office staff. Monitors lobby traffic and makes staffing adjustments as required.
- Reviews VIP reservations and ensures proper handling of VIPs and groups, administers amenity orders, and resumes for incoming guests. Updates system by inputting inventory and non-inventory groups. Monitors special reservation requests handling and oversees rate changes on in-house guests.
- Computes daily payroll, schedules, and other reports. Analyzes data and makes decisions based on prior experiences and knowledge of circumstances to prepare daily and weekly forecast of expected arrivals and departures.
- Manages front office staff, resolves guest concerns, and implements resolutions by using discretion and judgment.
What are we looking for?
High school graduate or equivalent required.
Four year college degree preferred.
Minimum of one year of front office management experience required.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Additional language ability preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Excellent mathematical comprehension to understand and interpret numbers as they apply to operations in hotels.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate effectively with guests and employees.
- Thorough organization and supervisory skills proficient in accomplishing the task.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect and analyze accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!