At LMC, it’s all about the team. We believe in finding great people, with great passion, and setting them up to shape the culture and management of our communities. Staying nimble, while hiring experts, keeps us true to our values of quality, communication, and integrity. LMC is a very special place to work, largely because of the special people who work here. Our company culture is infused with spirit, enthusiasm, and vitality. Our open channels of communication unite our Associates and foster inspiration, collaboration, and high-fives. Hope you are looking for opportunities at one of America's leading apartment developers and the 2017 Best Place to Work in Multifamily, because here they come.
Summary of Position:
Assists and supports the Community Manager in overseeing and managing the financial and operational aspects of the apartment community while maintaining an elevated level of customer service at all times.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete transactions by accurately entering and updating all prospective and current resident information to ensure the integrity of the system and operates the community management system (OneSite).
- Completes the daily transactions and tasks related to the financial operation of the community by collecting and posting rent, fees, and other payments, preparing daily bank deposits and reconciling bank accounts, preparing financial reports, and processing invoices and payables.
- Reviews resident files and accounting records to determine unpaid and/or late fees owed, communicates with residents regarding outstanding balances, implements procedures for collecting on delinquencies, and enforces the lease to maximize revenue while maintaining a high level of customer service at all times.
- Reviews and submits invoices from vendors, contractors, and service providers for payment by reconciling work performed or products purchased, obtaining Community Manager approval, coding charges to appropriate Chart of Account codes, and managing communication between the vendor/contractor and accounting.
- Follows the Company’s established procedures related to evictions by following proper notice requirements, evicting residents, and representing the community as required in court hearings and eviction proceedings.
- Processes resident move-outs by reviewing lease terms and notice requirements, applying appropriate deposit and lease cancellation fees, and processing the disposition in accounting.
- Promotes resident satisfaction and retention by responding to complaints, questions, and requests in a timely manner, and takes appropriate action to resolve and address service issues in accordance with established procedures and legal requirements.
- Acts as the on-site supervisor in the absence of the Community Manager by organizing and delegating daily work, coordinating maintenance and make-ready tasks with the Service Supervisor, and managing the operation of the community in compliance with company policies, procedures, and business practices.
- Assists in managing the owner relationship by meeting with the owners, conducting community tours, providing updates and information about the community’s performance, and responding to owner requests.
- Assists and supports leasing and marketing efforts by greeting prospective residents, gathering information about guest via the Guest Card, showing apartment homes, closing and obtaining the lease deposit, and assisting the prospective resident in completing the rental application and credit verification.