Area Human Resources Manager - Atlanta, GA
504 Thrasher St, Norcross
Norcross, Georgia, 30071
At WestRock, we provide packaging solutions designed to give our customers a winning edge in the global marketplace. We partner closely with them to deliver the best value on everything from paperboard used for a wide variety of packaging and shipping containers to specialty packages, boxes and displays. We consider ourselves to be part of their team – as we strive for continuous improvement together. Every day, our 45,000 team members combine practical innovations and rigorous execution in more than 300 operating and business facilities across North America, South America, Europe and Asia-Pacific to deliver products and services that answer unique local needs.
Human Resources Area Manager – Atlanta, GA
The HR Area Manager provides leadership and functional HR generalist support to multiple plant locations within assigned division or region. This role serves as a business partner to the operations Regional Vice President(s) as well as General Managers within that region/business unit. This position executes HR and business initiatives at the business unit and facility level including, but not limited to, attracting and retaining talent, driving performance management and talent review process’, employee relations, training and development, and workforce planning/headcount management.
How you will impact WestRock:
• Partner with leadership teams to focus on talent management and leadership development
• Execute strategies to manage performance and retain key employees.
• Partner with talent management to identify training and development programs to enhance talent in the region
• Facilitate talent management reviews to ensure proper management of talent and high potentials as well as succession planning preparation.
• Assist management in identifying training needs for business units and individual coaching needs.
• Administer all compensation related activities for assigned locations including; annual merit review, incentive programs, promotions, etc. Ensure that salary recommendations are aligned with compensation guidelines and proper approvals are obtained.
• Advise local management of appropriate resolution of major employee relations issues and practices.
• Provide guidance to managers and employees regarding company policies/practices administration and interpretation to ensure policies and procedures are handled consistently and in a timely manner.
• Ensure effective and timely pre-employment and on-boarding activities and requirements for all new or transferring employees.
• Responsible for ensuring performance management process including performance evaluations & employee development plans are done effectively and on-time in assigned plants and regions
• Ensure exit interviews are conducted and information tracked.
• Partner with divisional HR to complete HR audits in all assigned sites.
• Maintain in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required.
• Provide day to day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
• Ensure that all annual Performance and Talent Reviews are completed in a timely manner and that developmental activities are administered as appropriate. Provide ongoing support as needed. Update key talent data in Talent Management System.
• Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
• Work with corporate benefits group to communicate and administer corporate benefits programs to hourly and salaried employees at assigned locations. Act as Benefits Champion during open enrollment period.
• Partner with Safety Leaders in supporting implementation of safety programs, including participation in safety committees and training compliance.
What you need to succeed:
• BS/BA in Business Administration, Industrial Relations, Human Resources or related discipline.
• Minimum of 7-8 years HR generalist experience with proven track record in Employee Relations, Training & Development and HR Technology.
• Experience managing HR function in a manufacturing environment across multiple locations is preferred.
• Professional communication skills and the ability to effectively interface with personnel at all levels of the Company. Clear, concise written and verbal.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to assess situations, from both a legal compliance and business perspective, and make the best recommendation based on the facts.
• Experience working with HRMS systems.
• Must be able to travel, at times on short notice, to plant locations across the US and the Dominican Republic (30% travel).
• SPHR strongly preferred. .
• Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues.
• Take initiative to identify and anticipate business/HR needs and make recommendations for implementation.
• SHRM Certification (PHR/SPHR) preferred.
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.