As Area Human Resources Director for up to seven full service/luxury managed hotels in our Orlando market, you will provide continuous leadership in creating and delivering exceptional team member experiences in alignment with Hilton's values and best place to work promise. The Area Human Resources Director will be directly responsible for contributing to the achievement of superior business results in ensuring outstanding guest service, Team Member Engagement, favorable financial outcomes, strategic leadership and talent development, culture, innovation and HR operations. In this role, you will also serve as a visible, highly credible HR Operations Subject Matter Expert to senior leadership (AVPs, General Managers) and HR teams within the area including but not limited to matters relating to hotel workforce planning, performance and talent management, compliance, HR systems and labor relations.
Focus Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Strategy - Be globally aligned with the HR Operations function while locally supporting superior business results
- Leadership - Develop innovative, forward-thinking, diverse leaders within a comprehensive learning environment
- Culture - Ensures a best-in-class workplace that delivers on our Hilton values, mission and purpose
- Talent - Hire, engage and develop the world's best hospitality team members
- HR Operations - Embrace and lead implementation of Americas HR Operations initiatives and objectives
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 4 years' experience as a Hotel HRD at a single-unit, or complexed full-service/luxury property with a minimum of 500 employees or 3 years as an Area HRD while managing a team of at least 6-10 within the combination of hotel(s) or an area
- Minimum 4 years' experience strategically directing an HR operation in a unionized workplace with knowledge and active leadership in successful grievance management, negotiations, or arbitrations.
- Demonstrated ability to create a hospitality culture aligned with Hilton's values including an inclusive, issue-free workplace environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of hotel operations, finance and commercial functions and hotel workforce planning.
- Comprehensive experience with HR systems (Oracle, ADP or Unifocus Timekeeping, Taleo APS)
- BA/BS Degree with SHRM-SCP/CP/SPHR preferred.
- Bi-lingual (verbal & written) English/Spanish preferred.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!