Looking for a Sr. Agile PM to join that team to act as the go to person for existing development, new development, and even new products as they continue to be a part of the team. This person will be responsible for implementing SDLC methodologies and agile methodologies and working with a 3rd party development vendor for both IT and business initiatives.
The IT Project Manager will work very closely with C-level leadership to plan, lead, organize, and motivate project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering mostly agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users. The ITPM will be responsible for managing and overseeing a portfolio of several concurrent high visibility projects using agile and traditional methodologies in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business departments.
* Project Planning and Management - Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
* Portfolio Management - Assist in the organization and tracking of the Portfolio of projects/features backlog that contribute to realization of individual Software Product Line roadmaps. Monitor, alert and coordinate resolution of scope, schedule, resource conflicts between projects.
* Team Management - Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
* Product Owner Support - Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
* Process Management and Improvement - Define and manage a well-defined portfolio and project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
* Team building - promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
* Such other duties or tasks to assist the department of organization as the supervisor may deem necessary.
* Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
* A proven track record of successfully implementing software development projects using Agile/SCRUM/SAFe methodologies.
* 3+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing projects in an entrepreneurial, start-up and fast-paced development environment with multi-function teams. PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
* Experience in demand and portfolio management of a slate of projects, most following the Agile methodology, with execution distributed between several internal and external vendor teams.
* Balanced business/technical background:
o Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
o Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value. Healthcare background preferred.
* BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; Master's degree is a plus
* Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
* Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
* Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
* Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
o Agile Project Management tools such as Jira, Asana, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent
o Microsoft Project, Visio, and other Office Tools
* Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting, influencing and gaining buy-in from executive's sponsors, team members, stakeholders and peers within both business and IT.
* Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the 'big picture' view.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.