StevenDouglas has been retained by a financial services firm headquartered in North Miami, Florida. Our client is looking for a talented Accounting Manager to join the growing team.
Our client has been in business for multiple decades and employees over a thousand employees.
- Assist the Controller in preparing the monthly and quarterly financial statements, as well as, providing technical accounting support to the CFO.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting procedures, policies, and principles in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS.
- Assist in assessing, designing, and implementing internal controls and policies to comply with financial and regulatory best practices.
- Review journal entries, general ledger account reconciliations, and analyze the results of the financial close.
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of monthly, quarterly and year end close processes to meet internal and external financial reporting requirements in a timely fashion.
- Collect and analyze financial information required to prepare variance analyses.
- Participate in leading financial and regulatory audits.
- Review and ensure proper accounting for Special Purpose Entities, allowance for loan losses, long term debt, intercompany balances and taxes.
- Partner with Operations to ensure business activity is recorded accurately and timely.