The accounting manager assists the Director of Finance in maintaining all financial activities of the hotel relating to guest billing, income audit, receivables & payables, the month-end close and cash management.
What will I be doing?
- Ensure the night audit postings are correct and the financial activity for the day is properly recorded.
- Responsible for handling all matters related to accounts receivables including but not limited to invoicing, processing credit applications, billing adjustments and credit collection process.
- Responsible for handling all matters related to accounts payables including but not limited to processing invoices, reviewing vendor statements and petty cash reimbursement.
- Research and resolve guest disputes and credit card inquiries/charge-backs.
- Assist with month-end closing process including but not limited to monthly house bank audits, occupancy tax reconciliation and inventory.
- Cash management including but not limited to posting payments and balancing cash and credit card payments.
- Answer guest service calls, contact guests via telephone, complete telephone request forms and send correspondence/folios to guests (e-mail, facsimile, mail, etc.)
- Handle special project assignments as requested by the Director of Finance.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!