This role will direct all accounting activities, including preparing and maintaining financial records to track and report financial performance to the holding company.
- Manages the accounting team responsible for financial reporting, billing, collections, payroll, and budget preparation.
- Recruits and hires accounting and financial staff and conducts performance evaluations.
- Identifies and coordinates necessary training for staff development.
- Production of periodic financial reports ensuring results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Provide financial analysis with an emphasis on cost accounting, capital investments, and pricing decisions.
- Prepare financial analysis, forecasts, and the annual budget.
- Establish and monitor internal controls and guidelines for accounting processes, transactions, and budget preparation.
- Audit accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, coordinating with outside auditors and providing needed information for annual audits.
- Coordinate with outside accountants for the filing of federal, state, and local taxes.
- Performs other duties as necessary or assigned.
- Strong financial reporting, and cost accounting experience.
- Lean manufacturing and inventory accounting proficiency.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Proficiency with Sage 100, Avalara (sales tax) and other financial software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Extended periods of sitting at a desk in an office environment.
- Utilizing a computer and other office peripherals.
- Up to 5%
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 10 years progressive accounting experience
- Experience establishing internal controls and financial reporting with statement audits for a large organization with investors
Preferred education and experience
- Certified Public Accountant
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.