This is an IMMEDIATE DIRECT HIRE opportunity for an expereinced ACCOUNTING MANAGER in Boca Raton, FL.
Manage General Accounting and Sales and Use Tax departments.
- Candidate must have knowledge and experience with the ASC 606 standard
- Must be well versed on Excel
- Experience with JDE
- Able to manage a diverse group of personalities; ability to elevate the team and delegate & monitor as needed
Essential Job Functions
- Manage timely and accurate completion of the month-end closing.
- Review and approve account reconciliations and journal entries.
- Provide detailed expense reporting including variance analysis and project reporting.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are recognized and reported on a timely basis in accordance with GAAP/FASB.
- Send monthly financials to parent company.
- Prepare quarterly competitive analysis report for executives.
- Oversee preparation of daily reporting and bank activities.
- Oversee preparation of certain yearly budget items.
- Manage timely and accurate completion of sales and use tax filing.
- Review and approves sales and use and related tax returns.
- Oversee all sales and use tax audits.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for staff.
- Evaluate performance and provide opportunities for professional growth
- MBA, CPA or CPA candidate a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with the ASC 606 standard
- Possess excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
- The candidate must be a self-motivating individual who can excel with little supervision and use leadership skills to motivate staff.
- 5 years of experience in Accounting, at least 3 in a supervisory accounting role
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, or Finance with extensive Accounting background